New Club kit 2011-2013

More
13 years 11 months ago #1090 by Eddie Lynch
Replied by Eddie Lynch on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
It would be too time consuming to respond to each post, but everyone should bear in mind that the committee was not given the brief to design the jersey, merely to select the best options available. We did not have a brief to advise X member that his or her design would be nice if it had X instead of Y. and we struggled with various suppliers to produce a decent selection.
Of course keeping the old jersey will be an option this evening, and for the next kit change, maybe all the posters will get on the committee and see how much fun you'll have!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Caroline Martinez
13 years 11 months ago #1091 by Caroline Martinez
Replied by Caroline Martinez on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
Eddie, I didnt mean to be rude ... just a bit desapointed. Sorry if what I wrote was a bit mean ...

More
13 years 11 months ago #1092 by Eddie Lynch
Replied by Eddie Lynch on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
apology accepted!

• Peter Seymour
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1093 by Peter Seymour
Replied by Peter Seymour on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
I agree with John Latham and Brian Carolan.

The proposed designs are not really a huge improvement on the existing design.

Changing the kit to one of the new designs would be of marginal benefit, and may cause more controversy and disagreement amongs members (why, we might even have a splinter club - "Orwell Classic", alongside "new Orwell"), and would not be worth the trouble, for any small benefit it may deliver.

I have no problem with the existing jersey: it is clear, distinct, not-bad colours and good contrast - easy to recognise, and easy to see, and distinctive. The only thing i would like to see changed, is to de-scale it and de-ab it: i.e. get rid of the fish-scales on the back, and rub out the false abs on the front. Does a fish ride a bicycle? If these patterns were removed, the existing jersey wouldn't be bad at all. Also, I'd have the club name in easier to read text than the existing, as it is small in comparison to the Dundrum logo.

I appreciate the sub-committee have put in much effort to get us to this point, and my comments are not meant to be critical: progress has been made, and good feedback has been gained. At least certain options may now be ruled out. But a hasty decision for the sake of making a decision would not be in the best interest of all.

That's my tuppence-worth.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Peter Seymour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #1094 by Dick O'Brien
Replied by Dick O'Brien on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
I don't think anyone's trying to be mean or anything. I think its important that if you don't like something, you might as well say it right now rather than gripe about it afterwards. Certainly wasn't my intention to offend anyone.

No forum login? Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Don't want to miss any forum posts? How to set up email notifications
Subscribe to the calendar: Hit "+" button at bottom of widget

More
13 years 11 months ago #1095 by Brian Ahern
Replied by Brian Ahern on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
I held off on buying a new batch of gear this year because I was expecting the gear to change this winter. I have absolutely no problem with the current kit but I wouldn’t mind a change all the same. For those few of us in the club long enough, I believe I raced in the same kit since 2004. That means my thermal top has probably done about 50,000kms and I have a few pairs of shorts that have been through the wash about 2,000 times. Lord knows many kms mad Dave McLoughlin has done in his! I think 7 years is a decent life cycle for gear.
I know with the numbers explosion of the last few years new members may not wish to spend more money which is fair enough too. Seeing as though I will have to buy gear this year because mine is wrecked I would hope the design won’t be changing next year but i foresee the same arguments for and against!
If the general consensus is that people do want a change then there is loads of time. As long as we have the gear by the time the racing starts I’d be happy. The problem might be getting 200 members to agree.
Unfortunately I wont make it to the AGM this evening. By the sounds of things it could end up like the Anglo one.

• Enda Smyth
13 years 11 months ago #1097 by Enda Smyth
Replied by Enda Smyth on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
I have to say i agree with Brian , how about a kind of half change ? keep the shorts as is and just revamp the race jersey the same as he winter jacket .I think it will give the racing side a wee bit of a slicker black look ?

More
13 years 11 months ago #1129 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Replied by Fergal O'Sullivan on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
As agreed at the AGM the Club Kit is not changing for the next 3 years - can somebody confirm if the current sponsors are going to be left on the kit or if their names are being taken off as not all of them are paying for the space on the kit,
Either way when is the order being put in for the kit.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds