New Club kit 2011-2013

More
14 years 1 month ago #921 by Eddie Lynch
Replied by Eddie Lynch on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
John, sorry forgot to mention, we will be looking at full zip jerseys, good point, thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Michelle Geoghegan
14 years 1 month ago #928 by Michelle Geoghegan
Replied by Michelle Geoghegan on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
Any chance we could put in the winter gear order asap so that we have the stuff for the winter - as in the start of November.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #990 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Replied by Fergal O'Sullivan on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
Folks - When this topic was started back on the 25th of May we were told that the final design would be put to a vote in August. The end of August is only a couple of days from now and still no sign of what the 4 designs are. Also as it is coming into the winter the orders would have to be sent in sooner rather than later to allow us have the winter gear in time.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #994 by Eddie Lynch
A quick update for everyone.
It has proved difficult to meet our original date of this month due to various factors, including work committments and holidays.
We have made some good progress, though, and now have some designs back from 2 companies.
We have asked for one or two things to be changed, and for a couple more options, but we are aiming for the end of September to present the jersey options.
This will allow enough time for the first jerseys and shorts to be ready for the Christmas race.
Thanks for your patience, we will be announcing a date for the meeting shortly.

More
13 years 11 months ago #1068 by Tom Blennerhassett
Replied by Tom Blennerhassett on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
LINK

So, what do we all think of the options before us?

• Celeste Marin
13 years 11 months ago #1069 by Celeste Marin
Replied by Celeste Marin on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
must "Dundrum" be bigger than "Orwell"? I'm tired of being called Dundrum

• Caroline Martinez
13 years 11 months ago #1070 by Caroline Martinez
Replied by Caroline Martinez on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
Not mad about the new designs. I know tastes vary with people but the choices we are given aren't really tasteful. It seems that design number 1 is the only one that can be worn with black shorts.
The Saxo bank mock up is a bit sad as for the Orange and green fading into each other ... I prefer not to say anything...
We had some good designs ideas on the original thread submitted by the club members, why were they not taken into account?
My own opinion ...

More
13 years 11 months ago #1071 by Dick O'Brien
Replied by Dick O'Brien on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
Is there a reason why none of the designs submitted by members were shortlisted?

And after several years with a CSC copy, do we really need two of the proposed designs to be based on Saxo kit?

No forum login? Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Don't want to miss any forum posts? How to set up email notifications
Subscribe to the calendar: Hit "+" button at bottom of widget

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1072 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Replied by Fergal O'Sullivan on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
Following on from Caroline's and Dick's comment - Why weren't any of the ideas that were put forward by Club members not shortlisted. If they were not going to be looked at then why start the whole debate of looking for ideas. I hope that one of the options at the meeting tomorrow is to leave the kit as it is rather than go with one of the suggested changes.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Fergal O'Sullivan.

• Michael Hanley
13 years 11 months ago #1073 by Michael Hanley
Replied by Michael Hanley on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
I too am a little disappointed. There were a lot of good ideas and designs being swapped around by members but it seems they have been passed over in favour of generic templates or a Saxo bank knock-off. A lot of time and effort was wasted.

I don't think any of the designs put forward for voting feel like an upgrade or a more interesting design.

Should I just look at the current CSC kit to get an idea of where the kit design will be heading in a few years?

I'd be happy to vote on keeping the current kit.

More
13 years 11 months ago #1074 by John Latham
Replied by John Latham on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
The new designs are even more awful than the current kit. Sorry. There is no way for me to express this on the voting form except in crayon.

I love the club, but this feels a bit like when your half-senile aunt knits you a sweater for Christmas, except that you have to wear it all year round. In public. With photograpers present.

Can we at least have an option for "keep the current design"?

XXX

More
13 years 11 months ago #1076 by Eddie Lynch
Thanks to everyone for their input on this very important topic.
Without getting into why one particular design was rejected, most were actually impractical, too much black and too much white were common themes, we wanted a link to our current kit, if possible as well.
I would like to thank the other 4 sub committee members who put an enormous amount of work and several hours into this project, particularly John M and the Docket.

Come and vote tonight at the AGM, don't forget we're voting for the new logo as well.

• Caroline Martinez
13 years 11 months ago #1078 by Caroline Martinez
Who designed the new ones though? ... would it not be better to Not pick a new design than picking the least disliked one?

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1079 by Tom Blennerhassett
Replied by Tom Blennerhassett on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
While I do appreciate the efforts of those on the committee it would dishonest of me to say that the options we have to vote on are any good. At all.

Is anyone a fan of any of the new designs?

Kit is too important to just be polite and silent about it and then have to wear something awful for the next few years so I'm risking your ire by agreeing, strongly, with John on this one.

I don't think any of the submissions in this thread were intended as final drafts - just initial concept sketches that could be made workable fairly easily by any decent kit producer. Having seen how the kit that boards.ie got made there is a huge amount of flexibility available from manufacturers and resorting to a knock-off of some pro team but with yellow and green levered in is just too too naff.

If it really is too late to restart this process to come up with a design that is a genuine (and much needed IMO) improvement on the current kit, then can we at least have the option of "no change" in the the vote?
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Tom Blennerhassett.

More
13 years 11 months ago #1080 by Dick O'Brien
Replied by Dick O'Brien on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
Eddie Lynch wrote:

Without getting into why one particular design was rejected, most were actually impractical, too much black and too much white were common themes, we wanted a link to our current kit, if possible as well.

Might it not have been better to communicate this when people were submitting designs? If everyone had known this earlier, they would have had a chance to go back and revise what they were doing in order to give the committee some more workable options.

No forum login? Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Don't want to miss any forum posts? How to set up email notifications
Subscribe to the calendar: Hit "+" button at bottom of widget

More
13 years 11 months ago #1083 by Brian Carolan
Replied by Brian Carolan on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
For what its worth, the designs have left me under whelmed to say the least, could I suggest that this is parked until we see some more contemporary design options.
Attachments:

More
13 years 11 months ago #1084 by John Latham
Replied by John Latham on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
I can't make it tonight to express my opinion in person, but I think the worst course of action is for the club to be rushed into adopting a dodgy new kit. We'll be saddled with it for ages, and members will be under pressure to replace their current kit with something that they don't like. If necessary just update the current kit by substituting new sponsor logos on to the existing design.

Designing cycling kit is hard, particularly when you have many decades of history to respect. It's not unusual for this sort of process to take several iterations to get right. Even pro teams can end up with hideous stuff (Footon Servetto?).

So with respect to those who have put work into the new designs, I think this decision should be deferred until next year, when we can start with a proper design brief and open it up to the talents of the masses.

Just my 2c.

• Michael Hanley
13 years 11 months ago #1086 by Michael Hanley
Replied by Michael Hanley on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
I agree 100% with John.

Just browsing through the history of this thread. At first we were told it was a design competition which would be put to a vote. Members asked for a starting point regarding colours and sponsors and then you can see there were pages of design ideas submitted.

None of this was commented on by the committee until John Twomey asked if there was any update at which point we were told that design responsibility had been passed off to kit suppliers. Where was the consultation and feedback from the committee during the design phase? It would have been easy to add any feedback to the designs and come up with a kit we could have all been proud to wear.

I also appreciate the work of the committee but this is not what was originally promised and as such I think we should go back to the drawing board, this time with full communication between members and committee through the forum. Please don't choose a new kit for the sake of it.

Regards,

Michael Hanley

• Caroline Martinez
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1087 by Caroline Martinez
It takes 2 minutes on Owayo for example to built a simple but nice jersey like below ... How can a few months of designing create a poor design ...?

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Caroline Martinez.

• Myles Kirby
13 years 11 months ago #1089 by Myles Kirby
Replied by Myles Kirby on topic Re:New Club kit 2011-2013
I think the proposed designs are too similiar to our existing gear. It's not worth the expense of a full clothing change. I agree with many of the posts, there should be an option to vote for retaining the existing kit.

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds