Midweek Evening Cycling

More
11 years 1 month ago #5236 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Midweek Evening Cycling Tuesday
Hey all

an array of options for everyone this week!

Tuesday usual spin. 6pm Harolds Cross Bridge Bike Shop, 615 Yellow House. Will split group into 2 with a fast group self lead and I'll bring out the slower group. Would ideally hit Sally Gap but not sure how the road is up there yet. Provisional route will be Blue Light-Devils Elbow-Enniskerry-WALL-Djouce-Lugalla-Sally Gap-Featherbeds-Home. This is around 75km with over 1450metres of climbing so its a significant challenge no matter what speed you do it.

Wednesday
I'm going to head to Laragh via Sally Gap and Glenmacnass on the way home. 100km of climbing. Planning on leaving around 10am from Hilton Kilmainham. Email me if you fancy it and are available. Would be great to have some company!

Thursday
Nicole is away for a few weeks so I'll bring out the usual Thursday 'itsnotarace' group. This is not a spin for beginners or for those wishing to race up hills etc. Its a great evening out with like minded cyclists that Nicole has been bringing out so far this summer. Would ideally do something around the 50km max from Yellow House at 610pm. Route something like Blue Light-Foxes-Devils Elbow-Glencree-Feathbeds. But this is only the suggestion. The gang will decide on the night. This would tend to be similar speed to the slower Tuesday group.

Sunday
For those of you not doing Kilkenny I'll be out with a few others for a mountain spin at sensible pace(yellow/light orange). Route will be Sally Gap-Laragh-Shay Elliot-Sliabh Mann-Brown Mountain-Laragh-Glenmacnass-Sally Gap-Feathbeds-Home. This will be in the region of 130km with climbing in the region of 2500metres and will be seriously hilly. Everyone welcome to join us at 10am Harolds Cross Bike shop at the bridge. It will be a cycle the whole way in a peleton so nobody gets dropped or nobody legs it up the hills either. Will probably stop in Laragh twice for coffee too....

Any questions etc email me. Hope to see some of you out over the week.

Cheers

Garret

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5258 by Garret Connolly
hi all
sorry sunday spin is 930am harolds cross and 945yellow house and then onto sally gap laragh etc
not 10am as previously mentioned.
anyone interested let us know
Garret 087 239 0130

More
11 years 1 month ago #5266 by Garret Connolly
Hey all

another week another bumper choice of cycling up hills! All welcome to come along to any of the below!

Tuesday usual spin. 6pm Harolds Cross Bridge Bike Shop, 615 Yellow House.
Will split group into 2 with a fast group self lead and I'll bring out the slower group.
Provisional route will be Blue Light-Devils Elbow-Enniskerry-WALL-Djouce-Lugalla(if road allows)-Sally Gap-Featherbeds-Home.
This is around 75km with over 1450metres of climbing so its a significant challenge no matter what speed you do it.

Wednesday Eve
New to midweek cycling is Wednesday night.
6pm Harolds cross Bridge-615 Yellow House
Will decide route on night but will be some mix of Tues/thurs

Thursday
Nicole is away for a few weeks so I'll bring out the usual Thursday 'itsnotarace' group. This is not a spin for beginners or for those wishing to race up hills etc. Its a great evening out with like minded cyclists that Nicole has been bringing out so far this summer. Would ideally do something around the 50km max from Yellow House at 610pm.
:Last weeks Route was Blue Light-Foxes-Devils Elbow-Glencree-Feathbeds. Would be perhaps do the opposite way round....

Sunday
I'll be out with a few others for a mountain spin at sensible pace(yellow/light orange).
Route will be Blue Light-Devils Elbow-Enniskerry-Wall-Djouce-Lugalla if it allows-Sally Gap-Laragh for coffee-roundwood-Lugalla-Sally Gap -Featherbeds-Home.
This will be in the region of 120-130km with climbing in the region of 2000-2500metres and will be seriously hilly. Everyone welcome to join us at 930am Harolds Cross Bike shop at the bridge/945 at Yellow House.
It will be a cycle the whole way in a peleton so nobody gets dropped or nobody legs it up the hills either. Will probably stop in Laragh for cake/coffee/cake/icecream too....

Any questions etc email me. Hope to see some of you out over the week. And remember rain is just there to cool you down when you climb....

Cheers

Garret

More
11 years 1 month ago #5294 by Garret Connolly
Spin tomorrow morning....

Sunday
I'll be out with a few others for a mountain spin at sensible pace(yellow/light orange).
Route will be Blue Light-Devils Elbow-Enniskerry-Wall-Djouce-Lugalla if it allows-Sally Gap-Laragh for coffee-Sally Gap Lugalla-Enniskerry-Home.
This will be in the region of 120-130km with climbing in the region of 2000-2500metres and will be seriously hilly. Everyone welcome to join us at 930am Harolds Cross Bike shop at the bridge/945 at Yellow House.
It will be a cycle the whole way in a peleton so nobody gets dropped or nobody legs it up the hills either. Will probably stop in Laragh for cake/coffee/cake/icecream too....

All welcome

Garret
087 239 0130

More
11 years 1 month ago #5297 by Garret Connolly
Dear all

lots of cycling to chose from this week....Lugalla road to Sally Gap is grand in both directions by the way so feel free to use again

Tuesday
usual Tuesday night meet up...6pm Harolds Cross 615 Yellow House
Route will be Edmonstown Lane/Cruagh-Featherbeds-Powerscourt-Wall-Lower Djouce descent-Powerscourt-Liam Horner Climb-Featherbeds Home
round 50km

Thursday
Nicole is away for one more week so we'll meet 610pm Yellow House
This is not a spin for beginners or for those wishing to race up hills etc. Its a great evening out with like minded cyclists that Nicole has been bringing out so far this summer. Would ideally do something around the 50km max from Yellow House at 610pm. Route will be something like we did a few weeks ago up to Fox's-down to Stepaside and up over that castle that Celeste showed us. Then back up to Fox's.
round 45km

Sunday
There will be a few of us heading out for serious mountain spin round 140km and 2500m
Route will be Harolds Cross Bridge Bike Shop 930am-Yellow House 945am and then onto Sally Gap-Laragh for coffee-Shay Elliot-Sliabh Mann-Brown Mountain-Shay Elliot-Laragh for another coffee-Glenmacnass-Sally Gap-Featherbeds Home

All welcome to come along but will be a sensible pace of dark yellow/light orange and we won't be leaving anyone behind. Will regroup at every hill top and if possible will do all the climbs together.

Hope to see you out there at some point

cheers

Garret
087 239 0130

More
11 years 1 month ago #5375 by Garret Connolly
Sunday
There will be a few of us heading out for serious mountain spin round 140km and 2500m
Route will be Harolds Cross Bridge Bike Shop 930am-Yellow House 945am and then onto Sally Gap-Laragh for coffee-Shay Elliot-Sliabh Mann-Brown Mountain-Shay Elliot-Laragh for another coffee-Glenmacnass-Sally Gap-Featherbeds Home

All welcome to come along but will be a sensible pace of dark yellow/light orange and we won't be leaving anyone behind. Will regroup at every hill top and if possible will do all the climbs together.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5377 by Garret Connolly
Dear all

another bumper week of cycling....apparently the good weather is to return too!

Tuesday
Usual time usual place
6pm Harolds Cross-615 Yellow House
Route will be approx 60km max. Blue Light-Devils Elbow-Enniskerry-Wall-Powerscourt-Liam Horner climb-Featherbeds Home. Suitable for most standards as we'll no doubt split in 2 groups and the slower group will not leave anyone behind. All welcome

Wednesday
Mountain route 100km approx- Dublin-Sally gap-Lugalla-Roundwood-Laragh-Glenmacnass-Sally Gap-Dublin
I'll be leaving at 10am and would be delighted with the company if anyone fancies a midweek jaunt! my number is 087 239 0130 and will be leaving from Kilmainham so can pick up anyone on the way. Let us know

Thursday
Think Nicole is back this week. I won't be around unfortunately as it's prize giving night at the Blue Light for the club league which i'm heading over to.
www.orwellwheelers.org/forum/5-racing/41...-light-cp-22813.html
However there will be a group led by Nicole if she is back or a few of the usual thursday crew, route will be decided on the night.

Sunday
A few of us will be heading up the hills on Sunday week 25th Aug. Plan would be to head to Sally Gap-Laragh-Roundwood-Sally Gap-Dublin
Leaves 930am Harolds Cross-945am Yellow House

Tuesday Eves Continue until the light fades on Sept 10th(last 6pm start)
From there we'll start at 5pm Harolds Cross/515pm Yellow House and continue to Tuesday 8th October...after that get yourselves into a spin class!
However it will require lights for everyone from now on as it is likely to be after sunset on way home.

Autumn Sportifs if you're looking for some challenges
Sunday Sept 8th Joe Loughman Randonee Bray Wheelers
www.braywheelers.com/joe-loughman-randonnee/
www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s...78bde4f&t=2057016988

Saturday Sept 14th Dying Cow 200km
www.audaxireland.org/calendar/gazetteer/dying-cow-200/

Sunday October 13th Sean Kelly Tour of the Midlands 120km
www.irishheart.ie/iopen24/sean-kelly-tou...ds-t-10_26_1298.html

Saturday October 26th Dying Light 200km

Marmotte 2014 Anyone??
A few of us are looking to the Marmotte 2014 next July...read the article below for this years review by Billy Parker
www.orwellwheelers.org/leisure/521-la-grande-marmotte-2013.html
Plan would to get a group of 6-10 together to do it and put a plan in motion re training etc for 2014. Anyone interested let me know. Anyone able to do W100/200, Sean Kelly, Ring of Kerry etc would be capable of getting themselves ready for it.

Hope to see some of you out over coming week

cheers

Garret

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #5429 by Garret Connolly
Slightly later start for tomorrow. 10am yellow hse. All welcome

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #5430 by Garret Connolly
Hi All

I won't be around myself for the next 2 weeks but there will definitely be people out this Tuesday.

plan is 6pm Harolds Cross/615 Yellow House......BRING LIGHTS!! Will probably be dark by the time you get back to Yellow House

Suggested route would be Blue Light-Foxes-Devils Elbow-Glencree-Featherbeds Home 50km Harolds Cross to Harolds Cross

See you all in 2 weeks and we will have 4 more 6pm starts(final 6pm start is 17/09) From there we will start at 5pm until mid October then it's grab a spinning class and see you all last week of March.

Marmotte
We now have 12 very interested people in the Marmotte 2014. Probably one of Europe's toughest one day event on the first Saturday of July across the Glandon, Galibier, Telegraph and Alpe D'huez. If interested in getting together for a training group from January let us know. Plan is to keep our usual Spinning/Evening Cycle going alongside a weekend spin until after Christmas and then kick it on from there. Let me know if you want to be included on an email closer to the time. We will get prices off Sportactive etc asap and email out to anyone who has expressed an interest.

Happy Cycling

Garret

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #5449 by Garret Connolly
>
> Hey all
>
> I'm planning on being around this Tuesday afterall although with heavy legs after tomorrow's efforts....
>
> plan is meet at 6pm Harolds Cross Bike Shop, 615pm Yellow House.
> Route is Cruagh Edmondstown-Featherbeds-Liam Horner Descent-Wall-Liam Ascent-Featherbeds KOM Home
> 50km route but bring LIGHTS! It will possibly be dark when we get back to Rathfarnam
>
> Thursday Cycle
> Planning on keeping this going for a few more weeks and route will be similar level to above. Meeting at 610pm Yellow House. All welcome to come along and join in the hills! approx 40-50km
>
> Marmotte
> We now have 16 very interested people in the Marmotte 2014. Probably one of Europe's toughest one day event on the first Saturday of July across the Glandon, Galibier, Telegraph and Alpe D'huez. If interested in getting together for a training group from January let us know. Plan is to keep our usual Spinning/Evening Cycle going alongside a weekend spin until after Christmas and then kick it on from there. Let me know if you want to be included on an email closer to the time. We will get prices off Sportactive etc asap and email out to anyone who has expressed an interest.
>
> cheers
>
> Garret
>

More
11 years 1 week ago #5466 by Garret Connolly
Hey all

will be out this Tuesday and Thursday for evening cycling. For the next 2 weeks it will stay at 6pm starts but from then on it will be 5pm until mid october.

Tuesday
Harolds Cross 6pm-Yellow House 615pm
Route will be 40-50km of hills up stocking lane-viewing point-Featherbeds-Glencree-Devils Elbow-Home

Thursday
Yellow House 610pm
Blue Light-Fox's-Stepaside-Puck Castle-Fox's-Tibradden Forest-Edmondstown Home

All welcome to come along and enjoy the last few weeks of the evening cycling.

cheers

Garret

More
11 years 3 days ago #5493 by Garret Connolly
Hey all

last Tuesday 6pm spin of the year this week(next week is 5pm start for a month)

plan is to leave Harolds Cross at 6pm-Yellow House at 615 and then Fox's-Devils Elbow-Glencree-Featherbeds-Home
50km door to door. Bring Lights!

I won't be around but there will be a group going

cheers

Garret

More
10 years 11 months ago #5496 by Garret Connolly
Hey all

1 more month of Tuesday eve cycling...weather is looking pretty good for upcoming Tuesday eve. This is no longer on at 6pm due to fading light. We now leave at 5pm Harolds Cross Bridge bike shop and then onto Yellow House 515pm. All welcome. You'll need lights but it's open to all standards and no one will be left behind!

Route for this week will be Edmondstown/Cruagh-Foxes-Stepaside-Puck Castle-Kilternan-Foxes-Tibradden-Dublin

It'll be 50km approx.

Hope to see some of you there

Cheers

Garret

ps-Marmotte 2014

I'll be sending an email out to anyone who has expressed an interest in doing this on Monday eve. It'll include travel options, accom options, training plan/coaches etc, time to meet up to discuss plan re training, lactate fitness/training test, bike fitting and any other info that is important. If anyone is interested in doing the Marmotte 2014 please let me know and I'll include you on the already 20 strong list of those interested.

More
10 years 11 months ago #5507 by Garret Connolly
Dear all

last ever evening cycle of the year....will be back 1st week of April 2014 when the light is back. Off to spinning class with Andy Kenny from the rest of the off season andykennyfitness.ie/. He's got great spinning classes throughout week and they are aimed at cyclists looking to train through the year for big events like the Wicklow 200, Marmotte etc. Highly recommend him if anyone looking for a spinning class.

For the last Midweek Evening Cycling we will leave this Thursday at 5pm Yellow House.

Route will be Blue Light-Fox's-Devils Elbow-Glencree Road-Featherbeds kom-Home
45km route approx yellow house to yellow house with approx 800m of climbing.

All welcome and we'll never leave anyone behind!

Thanks to everyone who has come out both on Tuesday and Thursday since April, it's a been a pleasure cycling with everyone and great to see so many people progress and improve on the hills every week. We've tried to make it an all inclusive fun spin that allows everyone to get fit and get up those lovely hills that bit easier. Hope we can do it all again next year....

See you Thursday or next April!

Garret
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Ryan

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds