What: Orwell Summer Kit Order
Deadline: 27th March (no late orders)
Delivery ETA: mid to late May (TBC)

*** Deadline extended ***

-- Download the Summer Order Form here --

File Attachment:

File Name: Orwell_ord...1603.pdf
File Size:42 KB

Details: The Race Line kit is produced without compromise. It offers the latest technology to provide the lightest, most comfortable fit. The Gran Fondo jerseys and shorts provide performance quality at a more affordable price.

Check out the size guides for men and women or ask your fellow members if in doubt!

How do I order?
  • Decide what you want to order using the form (attached)
  • Email me (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) with the your complete order
  • Use "Orwell Order 201603" as the subject line - this makes it easy for me and reduces risk of your order getting lost!
  • You can list the items you want instead in the email. Be sure to give the correct name (selection-Item-gender), size and quantity for each!

• Good -> SS Jersey Race Line (Men's) x S x 1, Shorts Race Line (Men's) x M x 2
    Bad -> "I'd like some shorts please!" == No order! (This actually happens...)

• You will get an order confirmation with the required deposit amount
  • Stick it in an envelope with your name and the amount on the front. Drop it into the shop. CASH or CHEQUE only
  • Done!

And please remember:
  • No deposit. No order. No exceptions!
  • Minimum order quantities apply! I'll do my best to accommodate all orders
  • If you don't follow the above then it makes order tracking difficult and your order can't be guaranteed!
  • Orders can't be accepted after the deadline. Once it's gone to the factory, that's it!
  • You are responsible for the accuracy of your order, double check before sending!
  • There will be a limited amount of kit ordered for stock. If you want to be guaranteed kit, you need to order!

If you are in doubt about how to order (hopefully I've made it simple), then please email me with your questions!
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Michael Hanley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Siobhan McNamara, Ken Moloney, Dave Hesnan, Gordon Byrne, Eric Davis, Stas Maksimov
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 6 months ago #14902 by Michael Hanley
Replied by Michael Hanley on topic Kit Order - Summer
Important for ladies!!!

Remember the shorts are sized according to the MEN's shorts sizes, please use that size chart.

Similar for all the gran fondo kit.

If in doubt about size... Ask another member in VR gear, or wait for general stock.
More
8 years 6 months ago #14903 by Diarmuid Donnelly
Replied by Diarmuid Donnelly on topic Kit Order - Summer
Michael, any chance of adding the skinsuit with pockets to the list, at least to see if there's enough interest for an order? I missed the very brief time window for the previous order.

Cheers,
Diarmuid.
More
8 years 6 months ago #14905 by Michael Hanley
Diarmuid,

I'd prefer to keep is separate for now. It makes it easier to administer if they are done as separate orders. There was a bit of chopping and changing with the December order and I really only added it then to make the full range of kit available.

If you can find 9 other people who want a skinsuit with pockets, then we can go ahead with it. It has to be either LS or SS (unless you find 10 of each!).

We can order any item at any time if the minimum order is met, remember. The point of short order windows is that it means people aren't left waiting an entire season for kit. It's every member's responsibility to check the forum regularly, but we do advertise on several channels. We're quick, but being lean makes it more efficient.
  • Greg O'Donnell
8 years 6 months ago #14906 by Greg O'Donnell
Replied by Greg O'Donnell on topic Kit Order - Summer
What is the ETA on this order being delivered?
More
8 years 6 months ago #14907 by Michael Hanley
Derp! I really shouldn't post late on a Sunday, thanks Greg. I'll update the main post.

ETA will be mid-late May I'd say, need to confirm with supplier. Just in time for sportive season!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg O'Donnell
More
8 years 6 months ago #14908 by Emma Convey
Replied by Emma Convey on topic Kit Order - Summer
Hi Diarmuid

I'd like a skinsuit with pockets too - count me in if we are looking for 10 people!
More
8 years 6 months ago #14911 by Michael Hanley
Diarmuid/Emma, I've made a new thread for this...if we could port this discussion over there and register your interest and other details.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emma Convey
More
8 years 6 months ago #14920 by Diarmuid Donnelly
Replied by Diarmuid Donnelly on topic Kit Order - Summer
Great stuff Michael thanks. I see there is already lots of interest in the skinsuits, so hopefully we can get the order going. Will carry on the discussion on the other thread .

Diarmuid.
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #14935 by Bernard English
Replied by Bernard English on topic Kit Order - Summer
Hi Michael

I left the deposit in an envelope into JD's a few weeks ago for ...

1. SS Jersey Race Line (Men's) x M x 1 (full zip)
2. Shorts Race Line (Men's) x M x 1

Regards
Bernard
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Bernard English.
More
8 years 6 months ago #15003 by Kilian Doyle
Replied by Kilian Doyle on topic Kit Order - Summer
Mike
Did you get my order? Where can i post a cheque to, I won't make it to Joe's by this weekend.

Kilian
More
8 years 6 months ago #15005 by Michael Hanley
Killian (and everyone)...busy week and a lot of orders to go through, so I'm going to extend the deadline by a week. We were toying with some additional payment options but for now we are limiting it to cash and cheque.

You can post cheques to me if needed.
More
8 years 5 months ago #15055 by Brian Morrissey
Replied by Brian Morrissey on topic Kit Order - Summer
Hi all,

My first time buying club gear and would like some advise on sizing.

I am 5 10 and about 85 KG. (I could do with loosing a few KG but I am more broad across the sholders than anything).

If any readers have a similar sizing could you please adivise on sizes for shorts, ss jersey and gillet.

Thanks a lot
Brian.
More
8 years 5 months ago #15056 by Michael Hanley
*** Update ***

Given that I'm a bit behind and won't have all the notifications out until this evening, if you are pressed for time and need to drop your deposit, you can do so.

Just remember the 50% must be rounded to the nearest €5 (so it may not be 50% on the button, don't worry)...this just saves the hassle of dealing with coins. So if your order is €225, please don't drop in €112.50...make it €115.

Mark your deposit clearly in an envelope. CASH or CHEQUE only.

Thanks!
More
8 years 5 months ago #15066 by Kilian Doyle
Replied by Kilian Doyle on topic Kit Order - Summer
Thanks Michael, I'll drop my deposit in on Wednesday
More
8 years 5 months ago #15067 by Siobhan McNamara
Replied by Siobhan McNamara on topic Kit Order - Summer
Only seen this now, so great it's been extended.
Did VR change their sizings? I bought a VR Orwell black top a few years ago (the one Dick organised), it has a 102cm chest and 86cm waist and I was sure it was a Medium (no size on collar).
Similar sizes on current VR chart now showing as XL in mens or 3XL in womens!
Didn't realise I'd put on that much weight.
Will put order in for XL SS jersey in mens, they always seem to be longer.
Thanks for organising.
More
8 years 5 months ago #15081 by Fionnuala McGee
Replied by Fionnuala McGee on topic Kit Order - Summer
Hi Michael

Many thanks for organising. 2 questions - Do we make cheques payable to you, and send them to you c/o Joe Dalys?

Thanks,
Fionnuala
More
8 years 5 months ago #15085 by Michael Hanley
Hi Fionnuala,

No, please make payable to "Orwell Wheelers".

Regards,

Michael
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fionnuala McGee
More
8 years 5 months ago #15222 by Dave Hesnan
Replied by Dave Hesnan on topic Kit Order - Summer
Hi Michael,
Quick question is the email address for ordering This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. not sure if my order got through to you. I left my deposit with the order into Joe's yesterday just in case anyway!
Cheers,
Dave
More
8 years 5 months ago #15223 by David Maher
Replied by David Maher on topic Kit Order - Summer
Ss raceline jersey large x1.
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds