Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!

More
13 years 4 months ago #1881 by Richard McSherry
Replied by Richard McSherry on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
Dave,
Count me in. I can probably rustle up a brush for sweeping loose gravel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #1891 by Yvonne Conneally
Replied by Yvonne Conneally on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
I can help on the day. Count me in
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc

• Caroline Martinez
13 years 4 months ago #1892 by Caroline Martinez
Replied by Caroline Martinez on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
Quick questions: what do you want us to do? Do you have a plan of action for all of us? Helping at start, cars, sambos making etc or we just have to turn up at the start and you give us a flag type stuff ...?

More
13 years 4 months ago #1894 by Dave Mc

Quick questions: what do you want us to do? Do you have a plan of action for all of us? Helping at start, cars, sambos making etc or we just have to turn up at the start and you give us a flag type stuff ...?

I have a list of jobs, so everyone has a specific role or corner allocated already. I'll see if I can find time to list all of the spots up here in advance, otherwise we just need everyone to show up by 10:00am and I'll tell them what they're doing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caroline Martinez

• Ken McCullagh
13 years 4 months ago #1895 by Ken McCullagh
Replied by Ken McCullagh on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
is the start in roundwood village?

• Caroline Martinez
13 years 4 months ago #1896 by Caroline Martinez
Replied by Caroline Martinez on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!

I have a list of jobs, so everyone has a specific role or corner allocated already. I'll see if I can find time to list all of the spots up here in advance, otherwise we just need everyone to show up by 10:00am and I'll tell them what they're doing.

Thanks Dave :) See you sunday!

• Gary Fleming
13 years 4 months ago #1897 by Gary Fleming
Replied by Gary Fleming on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
Howling Gales forcasted aside, would it be possible to ride this Dave? I usually cycle down that way on a Sunday and sure it would be rude not to join in!

Thanks.

More
13 years 4 months ago #1898 by Brian Mc
Sorry Dave, I'll have to withdraw my limited offer of help - my other activity has been rescheduled to an earlier start time. Enjoy the day!

More
13 years 4 months ago #1899 by Dave Mc

is the start in roundwood village?

The sign-on venue is Roundwood GAA club, just South of the village on the road to Annamoe.

The race will be neutralised out of the village towards the reservoir and start at the top of the hill.

More
13 years 4 months ago #1900 by Dave Mc

Sorry Dave, I'll have to withdraw my limited offer of help - my other activity has been rescheduled to an earlier start time. Enjoy the day!

No worries Brian, thanks for the offer anyway.

More
13 years 4 months ago #1901 by Dave Mc

Howling Gales forcasted aside, would it be possible to ride this Dave? I usually cycle down that way on a Sunday and sure it would be rude not to join in!

Thanks.

If enough marshalls show, then everyone who wants will get to race, on the other hand if we're short of bodies on the day then the only Orwell riders who will be allowed to race are our Rás riders and our Women's Classic League contenders.

At the moment it looks like we'll be ok, but I'm making no promises.

• Eilís Connery
13 years 4 months ago #1902 by Eilís Connery
Replied by Eilís Connery on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
Hey Dave Will be out for 10 as not racing so see you then

More
13 years 4 months ago #1903 by Dave Mc
Thanks to everyone who came out and helped us out today, it was very much appreciated, and apart from a few minor hiccups early on it all went well in the end. It was down to the fact that so many of you did turn out that we were able to let Brian, Diarmuid and Pat race, and they showed their appreciation in the best way possible.

Even if I didn't get to thank you personally after the race you can be assured that your names have been scribbled down on my 'nice' list. As for the ones who put their names down and never turned up...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caroline Martinez, Ken McCullagh

• Patrick O'Brien
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #1904 by Patrick O'Brien
Replied by Patrick O'Brien on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
A big THANK YOU to all involved in organising and running the race today, everyone did a great job. I was delighted to get a chance to race this testing course, and I was especially happy that it did not rain!

Well done also to Diarmuid, Odhran and Brian.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Patrick O'Brien.

More
13 years 4 months ago #1905 by Brian Ahern
Replied by Brian Ahern on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
Like Pat, I’d also like to thank all of you who helped out with the organising and marshalling of a quality race and allowing the few of us to take part. From my perspective the circuit was kept as safe as could be so thanks to all who helped out. Thanks also for all the encouragement on a really tough day in the saddle.
My only problem with the race was that stupid hill we had to go up 5 times into that stupid headwind.

More
13 years 4 months ago #1911 by Diarmuid Collins
Replied by Diarmuid Collins on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
Well that race didn't get any easier since last year.

Thanks to all the marshals and the organiser for a great day out...

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds