Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!

More
13 years 5 months ago #1755 by Dave Mc
We're now just under 4 weeks away from the Orwells biggest promotion of the year, the Hammond memorial road races in Roundwood, and we will need as many helpers as possible to make it a success.

We will be running 6 races altogether, Under 12/14/16, a separate A4 race, A3s incorporating Round 3 of the Women's classic league, and a combined A1/A2 race, so we need a host of lead cars, commisaires drivers, static marshalls, sign-on helpers and more besides. So far this year the standard of organisation at all of the races I've been to has been absolutely excellent, so we have a lot to live up to in terms of putting on a good show.

We will need people to be there from about 9:30 until 14:00, and all helpers will be acknowledged, fed and watered. As usual, Orwell riders will only be allowed to race if we have enough marshalls. Even if you have never marshalled before and have no idea what the job involves we will find a role for you, so please consider coming out to support us.

If you are available to help out please let me know, either by text, e-mail or in this thread, and in fact even if you're unavailable you might let me know, because if I haven't got enough yeses in a fortnights time I'll be phoning every single member of the club personally!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Fiachra O Mathuna
13 years 5 months ago #1756 by Fiachra O Mathuna
Replied by Fiachra O Mathuna on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
I'm happy to help out on the day Dave so please add me to the marshal list (static to start!)

More
13 years 5 months ago #1757 by Sandra Telford
Replied by Sandra Telford on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
Count me in too Dave, for whichever job you need me for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc

More
13 years 5 months ago #1758 by BarryR
Put me down for this. Drive, marshall, sign on, wave a flag, whatever's needed.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

More
13 years 5 months ago #1760 by John Lanigan
Replied by John Lanigan on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
Dave

You can put me down for whatevers needed also.

• straatvark
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1761 by straatvark
Replied by straatvark on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
You can ad my name Dave.

M-bike driver / flag / pom-pom director etc

Gert
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by straatvark.

• Ken McCullagh
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1764 by Ken McCullagh
Replied by Ken McCullagh on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
I'll do it too.
Only issue is I'm flying in from Thailand the day before, so I may fall asleep on the job ;o)
Will have very sporadic email access leading up to it though, so if you don't hear from me in the week or 2 beforehand don't worry!
But if you can email me directions etc then it'd be deadly!

Ken
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Ken McCullagh.

More
13 years 5 months ago #1768 by Declan Quigley
Replied by Declan Quigley on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
Stick me on the list Dave. If you're oversubscribed I might ride it but you can count me on your list. Sign on, lead car, whatever.

• Daniel Whiting
13 years 5 months ago #1769 by Daniel Whiting
Replied by Daniel Whiting on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
Hi Dave,

Since I am only down once for the club league this year, I think it behoves me to volunteer for this. I do not have a car but will do anything non-car related.

Cheers,

Dan

More
13 years 5 months ago #1770 by Dick O'Brien
Replied by Dick O'Brien on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
Count me in Dave.

No forum login? Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Don't want to miss any forum posts? How to set up email notifications
Subscribe to the calendar: Hit "+" button at bottom of widget

More
13 years 5 months ago #1772 by Diarmuid Collins
Replied by Diarmuid Collins on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
I can marshal. If there are enough I'd like to race it.

More
13 years 5 months ago #1773 by Dave Mc

I can marshal. If there are enough I'd like to race it.

Cool. If we have enough marshalls you'll be the first one who gets to race.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1776 by Brian Mc
My skills are being volunteered elsewhere that day, but I don't think it's 'til 11, so I could help out with sign-on or something at the start of the race.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Brian Mc.

More
13 years 5 months ago #1779 by Brian Ahern
Replied by Brian Ahern on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
I'd also like to race if there are enough marshalls. If not, then I am at your disposal.

• Michael Hanley
13 years 5 months ago #1780 by Michael Hanley
Replied by Michael Hanley on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
Dave, put me in the "down for marshaling but will race if there are enough"

...obviously after Diarmuid though.

• Caroline Martinez
13 years 5 months ago #1820 by Caroline Martinez
Replied by Caroline Martinez on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
I can help too. I have a car ( small ) and I can make sandwiches, anything you need me for.

• Margaret Donnelly
13 years 4 months ago #1834 by Margaret Donnelly
Replied by Margaret Donnelly on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
Dave,
put me down to help on the day. I can bring the MAWS-mobeel (or just the car) if you need cars/drivers/lift givers/broomwagon or would be happy to be stuck on a sunny corner directing/shouting encouragement/etc or in charge of cake
I need some RAS 'stuff' practice...
M

• Anne Dalton
13 years 4 months ago #1835 by Anne Dalton
Replied by Anne Dalton on topic Re: Hammond Memorials, 08/05/11, Marshals needed!
Dave,
As above...except possibly insert 'in charge of Bike Mechanics' instead of 'in charge of cake' in my case....baking has never been my strong point!

More
13 years 4 months ago #1838 by BarryR
Anne, I think she meant eating cake, not baking it.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

More
13 years 4 months ago #1843 by Dave Mc

Dave,
As above...except possibly insert 'in charge of Bike Mechanics' instead of 'in charge of cake' in my case....baking has never been my strong point!

Thanks Anne, but we have a much better job for you; after your fine performances in Stamullen and Glencullen we've decided that you're going to be our star rider for this round of the Classic league:-)

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds