CL 2014 R17 - Road Race Champs 24/7

More
10 years 1 month ago #7365 by David Swift
Replied by David Swift on topic CL 2014 R17 - Road Race Champs 24/7
What's the format for tonight's race? Is it a handicap or are we all let off together?

And if it is handicapped, will the rest of the scratch bunch be given a small advantage before Pat is allowed to set off? :P

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #7367 by Bryan Geary
Replied by Bryan Geary on topic CL 2014 R17 - Road Race Champs 24/7
open race as far as I know - all in together

devil take the hindmost then :-)

More
10 years 1 month ago #7368 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic CL 2014 R17 - Road Race Champs 24/7
Well done all, and thanks to the organisers. Very deserving winner, soloing in ahead of some very good candidates.

Medals were Brian Mc, Darragh Long and Brian Ahern, with Aideen Keenan taking the women's trophy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #7369 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic CL 2014 R17 - Road Race Champs 24/7
Thanks Dave, and thanks to the organisers tonight - I know John Lanigan had a hand in securing the venue of Mondello, and as always Eddy and Damien ran a tight ship, ably assisted by several helpers no doubt! It was a great night's racing, and not just because of the conditions.

We'll be running an exclusive three hour interview with the winner on the website tomorrow, but for the moment, the full results are:

1 Brian McArdle
2 Darragh Long
3 Brian Ahern
4 Eric Downey
5 Liam Rowsome
6 Philippe Bourdarias

PS much obliged to Kilian Doyle tonight, without whom I couldn't have done it!
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Brian Mc.

More
10 years 1 month ago #7370 by Kilian Doyle
Replied by Kilian Doyle on topic CL 2014 R17 - Road Race Champs 24/7
Congrats Brian. I think it was the tale of the Postman that inspired you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc, Daniel McElroy

More
10 years 1 month ago #7371 by Liam Rowsome
Replied by Liam Rowsome on topic CL 2014 R17 - Road Race Champs 24/7
Thanks to the organisers for a great night on the bike. My first time in Mondello and it was a novelty for a club race.

Brian McArdle you are a beast. That was a really wonderful long effort. Not quite sure how you dig so so deep but you deserve gold, silver and bronze for that effort.

Brian Ahern you are some bike handler - it's fair to say that you took the last corner at double the speed of those around you. Could you give me some lessons please? :-)

Pat O'Brien, my sincere apologies for nearly taking you out as we entered the last lap. Two riders came on my inside unexpectedly which caused me to change my line mid-turn. Not sure how it didn't end up worse as I had some contact on my inside and then tangled with you. Again, sorry as I know that cost you some momentum and some positions.

Liam.

More
10 years 1 month ago #7372 by Aideen Keenan
Replied by Aideen Keenan on topic CL 2014 R17 - Road Race Champs 24/7
Well done Brian, a deserved trophy winner. All I had to do was sign on it would seem! :)

More
10 years 1 month ago #7399 by John Lanigan
Replied by John Lanigan on topic CL 2014 R17 - Road Race Champs 24/7
Here are some photos from the Club Champs last Thursday night in Mondello Park

John

www.flickr.com/photos/125784463@N07/sets/72157645934931556/

More
10 years 1 month ago #7410 by Brian Ahern
Replied by Brian Ahern on topic CL 2014 R17 - Road Race Champs 24/7
I know I'm a bit late to the party here but when a fella puts in an absolutely epic performance I think it should be acknowledged!
When BMcA made his move I thought it was too early to be going solo. You can fool yourself into thinking you're sitting comfortably in the bunch but it's only when you try to pop off the front you realise how hard it is. It's great to see an aggressive performance like that winning any race, but especially a championship race. We tried to get him back but he was just too strong on the night.
There have been suggestions that there was a gentleman's agreement not to chase Brian down because of all of the hard work he does as PRO but there's no truth on that theory!
We now have a hot favourite for the hill climb title too. I need to go on a diet.
Well done Brian, you could have been a PRO.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds