Sunday spin feedback

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #8042 by Jules De Meester
Sunday spin feedback was created by Jules De Meester
Newcomer Orange - week 1 - Group Jules/Eugène

Rodney, Ger, Eugène and myself took out the 2nd newcomer orange group. We had about 14 new sign-ups and a few Orwellians extra. We stayed together till the top of the Embankment where we split the group in two. Rodney and Ger taking the "faster lads". We kept going with 7 new sign-ups and 3 Orwellians.

We past John L. who was fixing a puncture for one of his group just past Blessington. We got a puncture ourselves just before the coffee stop. The coffee was good I was told, so definitively a keeper.

On the way back we got a chain snap which Eugène tried to fix. Unfortunately we couldn't fix it, so we had to leave 1 man behind. Luckily his parents lived close by, so he wasn't bothered.

We stayed together on Mt Seskin after which I lost most of the group. Eugène brought them back to Joe Daly's and I cycled with the last remaining rider to Joe.

All in a a good day with no incidents. I didn't get a chance to ask at the end, but the new members seemed to enjoy the spin.

For people in my group that want to get an idea of which group they should be in:
We had an average speed of 25 km/h, which I would clasify as a light orange group.
Calling of obstacles was good, group riding very tight towards the end.

Jules
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Jules De Meester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, Stephen Ryan, Eugène SKIL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #8043 by Eugène SKIL
Replied by Eugène SKIL on topic Sunday spin feedback
Hi Jules,
when we got back to Joes, the lads said they enjoyed the spin!
was cool to be all out in oranje - we need to colour coordinate more (and we then join up with Mr Orange whos always orange anyway)!
Eugene
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Ryan

More
9 years 11 months ago #8044 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Sunday spin feedback
Serious multiple chapeaus to Stephen Colm jules for organising week 1 and obviously Denis is still a legend in inspiring all the newbies in corkagh! Amazing numbers. Hard to comprehend that we had almost 80 newbies plus what looked like 100+existing members out today. Corkagh park was great Craic. Take a bow everyone in Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Siobhan O'Connor, Stephen Ryan, Robert Tully, Stephen Downey, Eugène SKIL

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds