Tuesday and Thursday Evening Cycling

More
10 years 4 months ago #6574 by Garret Connolly
Tuesday and Thursday Evening Cycling was created by Garret Connolly
Hi All

so far the weather looking promising(better than last Tuesday night I hope!). As always lights are a must as it'll be probably dark coming back down off last climb.

Tuesday 13th May 6pm Harolds Cross Bike Shop at Bridge, 615pm Yellow House Rathfarnam
Our 1st visit to Sally Gap this year on a Tuesday Eve
Proposed route will be Blue Light-Fox's-Devil's Elbow-Knockree Hostel road-Double Wall-Liam Horner Climb after Powerscourt-Glencree-Sally Gap Climb then descent-Featherbeds Home
around 60-65km with plenty of climbing!
Probably 3 groups slow/medium/medium fast

Thursday 8th May 615pm Yellow House Yellow/Orange group
I'm not around but Rodney promises another 'Rodney's magical mystery tour of lesser known Dublin's cycling routes'. We're working on a catchier title! This weeks was brilliant as we were up and down small lanes around puck castle that most people will have never seen. Next week: the hidden gems of Bohernabreena area.

See you all over the week

Garret
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #6579 by Nicole Bork
Replied by Nicole Bork on topic Mid week cycling now also on WEDNESDAYS!
Yessss! More mid week cycling options ! I think the Wednesday was totally underrated until now which is why there will be Wednesday spins from now on too. Yay

We'll meet at 6.15pm Yellow House and possibly Lambs Cross in rotation. This has yet to be tested to its practicability in evening traffic. Therefore, kick off this coming Wednesday, 14 May 2014 at 6.15pm is at the Yellow House with the envisaged route up Edmondstown road, Lookout, towards Glencree, the longer road to Enniskerry (Orwell Randonee Route) incl Poggio then home. For the hardsotted and mileage-hungry ones u can extend the route on the way back by turning off to the left just before Belarmine (also O-Rendonnee material) to go back via Johnny Foxes.

This is a summer fixture and caters for everyone. Depending on demand and group sizes two groups at different paces can be formed catering for different speeds. This is definitely not a race group and no one will be left behind. You have to be able however, in case it comes to it, to fix your own puncture and be somewhat experienced with group cycling.

Please bring the usual, food / drink, lights, helmet, rain gear, a working bike and good mood! I can´t wait for this to kick off and to see loads of you out there! If there are any volunteers offering to guide a few of these spins please come forward, help is always welcome.

Happy Sunday evening and a good start into the week everyone!
Nic

More
10 years 4 months ago #6583 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Mid week cycling now also on WEDNESDAYS!
hey all
I can't make it this Thursday and Rodney and Gerry won't be there either but it appears there definitely will be a group heading out so pop along. It'll be self lead and you can decide a route on the night or just copy/amend Tuesday night route.
I'll be out with Nicole's Wednesday evening gang so see some of you out there tues/wednesday.
garret

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds