Midweek Evening Hills Cycling Tuesday 22nd April

More
10 years 5 months ago #6308 by Garret Connolly
Midweek Evening Hills Cycling Tuesday 22nd April was created by Garret Connolly
hey all

Tuesday 22nd April starts at 6pm Harolds Cross Bridge(on corner of bookies as the fella in the webstore not happy having us there) and then onto to Yellow House at 615pm. Leaving Yellow House at 620pm latest.

Group 1(slower group)
Yellow House-Blue Light-Fox's-Devils Elbow-Glencree-Featherbeds-Dublin approx 50km harolds cross to harolds cross at approx 20km ph in hills
All other groups(Medium and medium faster)
Stocking Lane-Viewing point-Cruagh-Pine Forest-Fox's-Devils Elbow-Glencree-Featherbeds(k/qom)-Dublin
approx 55-60km

We still have rooms to fill for TKAS 3 day tour of Kerry for June bank hol weekend. Let me know if anyone is interested! This is the challenge to be at for 2014.
tkas.ie/

Based on last few weeks numbers we could end up with up 3 groups of around 10-15 each.
Group 1: Orwell White/Yellow Level. Slower speeds and suitable for all standards though ability to cycle 50km with a hill or 2 is a necessity. Nobody will ever be left behind from this group and will regroup at the top of each hill. Wicklow 100 etc standard.
Group 2: Yellow/Orange level. Medium speed approx 23kmph inc hills. Suitable for those who are possible looking at Ring of Kerry or Wicklow 200 etc. Someone on the night will lead but it's generally self lead and everyone to take care of themselves and each other etc.
Group 3: Orange level. Fast Medium speed approx 25kmph inc hills. Suitable for any racing, marmotte, etape or faster w200 people. Again self lead as with group 2.
I think Tom Weymes will again take out the group 1 so I'm more than likely to do group 2/3 this week.

see you all tuesday night. Hoping to start Thursday nights the following week too. Won't be a beginner white level but a yellow/orange group with 60odd km spins

Garret

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #6321 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Midweek Evening Hills Cycling Tuesday 22nd April
from the legend that is Mr Tom Weymes..........

Hi folks,
It's been my privilege the last couple of Tuesday evenings to release Garret to go blasting round the hills at 25 kph average (or so he says), while honouring his original 'no child left behind' pledge. Our more sedate group has averaged 17-19 kph over these hilly routes - perfectly respectable for those of us who don't, or don't yet, aspire to keep up with the hard men and women of Orwell. Let's have a few more along on Tuesday for the above scenic route, which should take by my reckoning two-and-three-quarters hours - so lights essential.

Tom Weymes

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds