Midweek Evening Hills Cycling/Good Friday/TKAS

More
10 years 5 months ago #6177 by Garret Connolly
Midweek Evening Hills Cycling/Good Friday/TKAS was created by Garret Connolly
Hey all

Tuesday 8th April cycling starts at 6pm Harolds Cross Bridge and then onto 615pm Yellow House

Route will be opposite of last week approx 45-50km
Cruagh-Edmondstown Lane-Viewing Point-Featherbeds-Glencree-Devils Elbow-Foxes-Pine Forest-Cruagh-Home

Based on last weeks numbers we could end up with up 3 groups of around 10-15 each.
Group 1: Orwell White/Yellow Level. Slower speeds and suitable for all standards though ability to cycle 50km with a hill or 2 is a necessity. Nobody will ever be left behind from this group and will regroup at the top of each hill. Wicklow 100 etc standard.
Group 2: Yellow/Orange level. Medium speed approx 25kmph inc hills. Suitable for those who are possible looking at Ring of Kerry or Wicklow 200 etc. Someone on the night will lead but it's generally self lead and everyone to take care of themselves and each other etc.
Group 3: Orange level. Fast Medium speed approx 27kmph inc hills. Suitable for any racing, marmotte, etape or faster w200 people. Again self lead as with group 2.
I think Tom Weymes will take out the group 1 so I'm more than likely to do group 2 this week.

Lights are a must. It will be getting dark coming off Pine Forest on way back.

Good Friday Cycle:
Anyone interested in doing a serious mountainous challenge the Marmotte group will be doing a Good Friday monster. However be aware this is probably as hard a cycle as you can manage in Wicklow so it'll be a seriously hard climbing day and Orange speeds. But if you fancy it feel free to come along:
9am Yellow House-Sally Gap-Laragh-Shay Elliot-Sliabh Mann-Brown Mountain-Greenane-Shay Elliot-Laragh-Wicklow Gap-Laragh-Glenmacnass-Sally Gap-Dublin. Approx 160km with probably 2800m of climbing. It will be a 8hour cycle more than likely. The more the merrier??

TKAS 3 day tour of kerry
tkas.ie/
The biggest challenge on the Irish Sportif Calender.....June Bank Holiday weekend. We already have over 25 orwell heads doing the 3 days and we have 4 spare rooms to fill in some of the apartments(cost €18 per person per night based on 4 nights Fri-Mon-ensuite rooms-all based on single rooms). If anyone fancies a great challenge in June and likes the idea of heading away with a huge orwell gang for a great event let me know and I'll put you in touch with the people who have spare rooms. If you book in you'll have to guarantee to go and pay. If you don't go you'll still have to pay.

See you all on Tuesday night

cheers

Garret

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds