Orange/Red spins from the Phoenix Park

More
10 years 10 months ago #5585 by Dave Mc
As usual there are Phoenix park spins running every second Sunday over the course of the Winter. These spins will start at the usual times (9:00 Red, 9:10 Orange), from the car park at the Pope's cross.

The main reason for varying the starts is to allow us to spin out into North Dublin and Meath, so doubling the number of routes open to us. These routes are usually flatter than the average Wicklow spins, and will typically be a kilometre or two faster for any given group. The big difference though is just the change of scenery, to mitigate the boredom of churning the same few routes all Winter long.

If you are an Orange group rider and concerned about going North of the Liffey there is nothing to stop you organising an unofficial Dundrum spin on those Sundays, so long as you don't just join in on a Yellow spin and mess it up for them, but I would recommend that everyone of that ability gives the Park spins a try.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #5594 by BarryR
Replied by BarryR on topic Orange/Red spins from the Phoenix Park
That's a myth that the north side of the city is flat, put about by people trying to trick southsiders. They've got pretty steep hills hidden behind some of the hedges out there. Or so I've heard.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds