Marmotte 2014

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #5458 by Garret Connolly
Marmotte 2014 was created by Garret Connolly
Hey all

see below and link from Colm re Marmotte package from Sportactive. Unfortunately On Your Bike has ceased to run trips to it so it's either this way or plan your own trip. We won't be collecting cash etc and booking in a group rate so it will be €813 pps. Email me if you're interested and I'll add you to the list of interested people and then I'll email out re who wants to buddy up in twins etc. I'll probably be just doing the single rate but there are bound to be plenty of potential pairings out there out of the 16 already interested.

If you have any questions etc just drop us an email.

See link www.sportactive.net/Cycling-holidays-and...marmotte-france.html for full details of payment details/whats included etc. You're flight is separate and you'll need to book that yourselves.

www.braywheelers.com/joe-loughman-randonnee/
Joe Loughman Randonnee this Sunday. A few of us are heading out to do it. We will cycle out from Joe Daly Cycles Dundrum at 830am. We will cycle back too. All welcome to join in the fun on this beautiful challenging course.....

Thursday This Week
A few of us will be out for 40-50km of hills from the Yellow House 610pm. Route will be decided on eve but will definitely include some hills

cheers

Garret
087 239 0130

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Colm,

I have now worked out the prices for our 2014 Marmotte package.

The individual early booking package price without flights is 813 €/pps room (regular price 853 €)

I have offered you a group price of -10% for 10 people minimum, i.e. 732 €/pps.
If you reach 15 people, we'll increase this discount to -12%, i.e. 712 €/pps.

The conditions are as follows :

early booking commitment, by 15th October 2013, in order to allow us to secure the entries and the hotel rooms
To know which price to apply, we need to have all the registrations with deposit payment at the same time. This is to be done globally by a group leader forwarding a list of names and individual email addresses.
For sending in the booking forms (1 per person is required - I have to supply postal addresses to the organizer) and the copies of cycling licences or medicals, it would be great if it was done globally as well, but the riders can do it individually, if this suits you better. I'd keep track and keep you informed.
a deposit of 250 € per person is required with the booking in order to confirm the latter.
the whole party travelling in the Aer Lingus flights we use from Dublin to Lyon on Thursday 3/7/14 and from Lyon to Dublin on Mo 7/7/14 in order to take part in our organized transfers. If people have different travel dates, (some being already in France for instance), they make their own way to Alpe d'Huez.

Flights :
Th 03 /07/ 2014 dep 12:10 - 15:15 flight EI 552
Mo 7/7/14 dep 15:55 arr 17:10 flight EI 553

Bikes: hire is available in Bourg d'Oisans. Martin has checked the bikes and they are fine. But for such a hard ride it is naturally far better to bring your own bikes. To book the bikes on Aer Lingus flights, do NOT book a bike, but a sports equipment (same price) such as surf or snow board. Aer Lingus allow only about 6 bikes on the flight, but they mean "unpacked" bikes. Your bikes being in travel boxes, Aer Lingus considers them as sports equipments.

Please let me know if this suits you and if you wish to proceed.

For any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact me again.

Flora
....................................................................................................................................................................
Sportactive regards,
Flora and Martin

SportActive
Active and Leisure Cycling and Walking Holidays
1st Floor, Dacre Terrace, L/Derry, BT48 6JU, N Ireland
tel office : 0044/ (0)28 7136 5997 ; Martin Birney : 0044/ (0)75 997 191 79 and 00353/ (0) 86 196 6006
Flora Mittermair: landline 0033/ (0)4 78 59 18 90 (leave voice message only on mobile number) mobile 0033/ (0)6 99 79 12 54
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. www.sportactive.net

From: Colm Egan <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
To: SportActive <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Sent: Monday, 19 August 2013, 19:58
Subject: Re: Colm Egan/Orwell Wheelers - Marmotte 2014

Thanks flora I will come back to you shortly. I feel there will be 10+ in the group but let me check and come back to you

Kind Regards Colm Egan.

On 19 Aug 2013, at 18:56, "SportActive" <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> wrote:

Hi Colm,

Thank you for your email about La Marmotte 2014.
We did not have group arrangements for La Marmotte so far as it is more a sportive to which individuals sign in. But this does not mean we cannot work out something for you if you think you will be more than 6.

The conditions would be as follows :

early booking commitment, by 15th October 2013, in order to allow us to secure the entries and the hotel rooms
the whole party travelling in the Aer Lingus flights we use from Dublin to Lyon on Thursday 3/7/14 and from Lyon to Dublin on Mo 7/7/14 in order to take part in our organized transfers.
if you are 10 participants we'll allow you a discount of 10% on the package without flights for each of you.
A group leader forwards me the names and email addresses of the Orwell group but the payment and forwarding of booking forms and copies of licences can be done individually ; unless you prefer to do it globally as well. One booking form for each rider is required.
a deposit of 250 € per person is required with the booking in order to confirm the latter.

The 2014 price is not available yet, but will be within 2 weeks, or even less. I'll let you know asap.

We have included your email address This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. in the database for our newsletter for cycling. If you do not wish to receive this newsletter, please inform us or unsubscribe as you receive it. There is an "unsubscribe link" at the bottom of the Newsletter.

Please let me know if this suits you.

Flora
....................................................................................................................................................................
Sportactive regards,
Flora and Martin

SportActive
Active and Leisure Cycling and Walking Holidays
1st Floor, Dacre Terrace, L/Derry, BT48 6JU, N Ireland
tel office : 0044/ (0)28 7136 5997 ; Martin Birney : 0044/ (0)75 997 191 79 and 00353/ (0) 86 196 6006
Flora Mittermair: landline 0033/ (0)4 78 59 18 90 (leave voice message only on mobile number) mobile 0033/ (0)6 99 79 12 54
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. www.sportactive.net

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds