Coaching nights

More
14 years 6 months ago #306 by Dave Mc
Coaching nights was created by Dave Mc
We are planning two coaching nights in the next couple of weeks.

The first will be on nutrition and preparation for sportives as requested here . Dave Tansey will be the speaker and the venue will be the Scout hall in Dartry. This is aimed at anyone who plans to ride any sportives or randonnees this year, to suit everyone from the absolute beginner to the more experienced sportifs. It is to run from 8:00-9:30 on Tuesday the 23rd of this month, all details to be confirmed shortly.

The second night will be a session on racing tactics given by Scott McDonald in his new Gym off the Kylemore road. As a former Pro and international racer Scott has a wealth of knowledge and understanding of racing at all levels, and there will be something for everyone here, whether you hope to nick a win from the limit group of the league or you are aspiring to ride the Rás. This is to run from 8:00-9:30 on Tuesday the 30th of this month, again to be confirmed.

There is the possibility of a few more nights along the way, including another bike-fitting night and a bike repair/maintainance session, depending on demand. If you have an interest in any of these, or if there are any other sessions that you would like to see happen let us know.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #309 by Declan Quigley
Replied by Declan Quigley on topic Re:Coaching nights
I really need some help on tactics! Looking forward to them both.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #326 by BarryR
Replied by BarryR on topic Re:Coaching nights
Declan, I notice in Paddy Doran's recent article on tactics on irishcycling.com that the photograph he uses to illustrate a sprint shows you at the back of the bunch. My long experience of doing this in sprints leads me to believe that being at the back may be a tactical mistake. From close observation of the back of many sprints I've noticed that the winner is usually at the other end. I'm trying to work out how I can use this information for tactical advantage.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by BarryR.

More
14 years 6 months ago #327 by Declan Quigley
Replied by Declan Quigley on topic Re:Coaching nights
That's my lead out train...

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds