First sign of Winter

• Myles Kirby
  • Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #2789 by Myles Kirby
First sign of Winter was created by Myles Kirby
Chapeau to anyone who ventured out in today's weather. The inaccurately titled 'fast' group managed an average of 26k/h through the deeps of Wicklow. It was a real endurance test, between the company and the weather.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2792 by Owen O'Flaherty
Replied by Owen O'Flaherty on topic Re: First sign of Winter
Yeah, it was a testament to the freezing misery that we all split up with barely a word over a 200m stretch of the N11 and went our separate ways (in my case, to bonk ignominiously on the Ballycorus Road)

• Gary Fleming
12 years 9 months ago #2796 by Gary Fleming
Replied by Gary Fleming on topic Re: First sign of Winter
N11 huh! I went home over the Wickolw Gap. It was a penance for backing off on those descents into Laragh - my leg didn't fancy it.

Hail, sleet and snow. Coudn't feel my hands when I got home. 24kph average for 132Km.

• Noel Browne
12 years 9 months ago #2799 by Noel Browne
Replied by Noel Browne on topic Re: First sign of Winter
Chapeau indeed! The feeling is only now returning to my fingers! The only good thing to come out of the spin is that i now know what i want for Christmas - The best most waterproof gloves on the market! Any suggestions on a SAE :)

• Myles Kirby
  • Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #2801 by Myles Kirby
Replied by Myles Kirby on topic Re: First sign of Winter

N11 huh! I went home over the Wickolw Gap. It was a penance for backing off on those descents into Laragh - my leg didn't fancy it.

Hail, sleet and snow. Coudn't feel my hands when I got home. 24kph average for 132Km.

I hadn't noticed you turned off which is odd, seeing as there were only five of us to start with.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds