Dundrum spins 09/10/11

More
12 years 11 months ago #2612 by Dave Mc
Dundrum spins 09/10/11 was created by Dave Mc
Another super turnout at the shop this morning. I'm wondering if anyone went from the Park at all, because there were 85 riders out of the shop in 5 groups.

The last group out of the shop (with myself, Barry, Fergal and Stephen) did 21.4Km/h for 50k, and will be called 'the white group' for the rest of the Winter. That group will probably stay around that pace or get marginally faster as Winter goes on, though the distances will creep up week on week.

As before, if anyone from the other groups has their average speed and distance for the spin they can post it here, to help everyone find the most appropriate groups next week.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Ken McCullagh
12 years 11 months ago #2614 by Ken McCullagh
Replied by Ken McCullagh on topic Re: Dundrum spins 09/10/11
I stepped up to help Aidan lead one of the groups, dunno what colour we were supposed to be but we did 87km @26.1, with a garage stop in Rathnew. By and large stuck together fine but one lad Owen or Eoin struggled on the N11 from Ashford back towards Newtown Mt Kennedy, we got him back into the group a couple of times but eventually he said to go on, he was happy to finish out himself. 2 of his friends in the group went back to finish with him, Aidan suggested to him to drop to the shorter group next week. Good group, good size, about 12 or 14 of us, although we picked up the group ahead of us near Bray as they had their 5th puncture of the day :o)

Here's the route and stats on Strava

More
12 years 11 months ago #2620 by Arthur Ebbs
Replied by Arthur Ebbs on topic Re: Dundrum spins 09/10/11
Dave we were the first group from shop, great spin, 15 in group,
new members who enjoyed spin ( first time riding in group).
96km door to door, 85 shop to shop, avg 26km.

5 punctures (3 differant people).

Any chance of putting something on web site about Worn tyres(and Buying new tyres).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc

• Ken McCullagh
12 years 11 months ago #2621 by Ken McCullagh
Replied by Ken McCullagh on topic Re: Dundrum spins 09/10/11
Actually, just wanted to add that there was still some confusion across the road from the shop about which group was which, we had a few people sitting there with us thinking we were set for 50ish km, not realising that that group had just left, so somehow this needs to be clarified a bit, but I don't know how this would be achieved.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2623 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic Re: Dundrum spins 09/10/11

5 punctures (3 differant people).
Any chance of putting something on web site about Worn tyres(and Buying new tyres).

Consider it done.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2624 by Dave Mc

Actually, just wanted to add that there was still some confusion across the road from the shop about which group was which, we had a few people sitting there with us thinking we were set for 50ish km, not realising that that group had just left, so somehow this needs to be clarified a bit, but I don't know how this would be achieved.

That's something that also happened last year on a few occasions when we had big numbers to sort out at the start.

This part way resolves itself as Winter goes on when people come to know the other riders a bit better and so find it easier to pick out the group they're going with, but we're also dependent on the leaders of each group to be a bit vocal in organising their group, and getting that group going as promptly as possible.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2625 by Brian Carolan
Replied by Brian Carolan on topic Re: Dundrum spins 09/10/11
Dave - my suggestion here is to just call the colour codes, starting with red and working down to white - that means that there should be no confusion on which group is leaving - Brian
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc

More
12 years 11 months ago #2628 by Dave Mc

Dave - my suggestion here is to just call the colour codes, starting with red and working down to white - that means that there should be no confusion on which group is leaving - Brian

Agreed. Although I think it will still take a little while for everyone to figure out what colour they should be, particularly with there being perhaps enough Yellows to make two or three different groups.

Still, the sooner we start using that naming system for the groups the sooner they'll get used to it.

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds