Park spins start this Sunday 09/10/11

More
12 years 11 months ago #2606 by Dave Mc
Park spins start this Sunday 09/10/11 was created by Dave Mc
The park spins will be starting up again this Sunday, leaving from the Pope's cross at 9:30.

Given that the end of season drinks is on the night before it's hard to guess how many will be out, but going by last week I'd say there will probably be two groups, doing average speeds of roughly 30Km/h and 26Km/h respectively.

These aren't guided spins, so while there's no intention to leave anyone behind, if you aren't up to the pace you will be expected to find your own way home.

Be aware that there are roadworks in the park at the mo, so give yourself a bit of extra time to get there. If you come in from the Islandbridge direction you should be aware that the Khyber pass is open to vehicular traffic, and it will be coming down the hill against you, so probably best to follow the diversions and go the long way around.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Gary Fleming
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #2611 by Gary Fleming
Replied by Gary Fleming on topic Re: Park spins start this Sunday 09/10/11
Thanks to the park group for the spin today. Toasted at the end but nice to get back out on the roads.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Gary Fleming.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2613 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic Re: Park spins start this Sunday 09/10/11

Thanks to the park group for the spin today. Toasted at the end but nice to get back out on the roads.

Hope I made sense talking with the new braces.

Congratulations on your return Gary, just in time to get a good Winter in and be better than ever when the new season rolls around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Fleming

More
12 years 11 months ago #2615 by Neal Hudson
Replied by Neal Hudson on topic Re: Park spins start this Sunday 09/10/11
Got home alright Gary? Didn't know where you went

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #2616 by Neal Hudson
Replied by Neal Hudson on topic Re: Park spins start this Sunday 09/10/11
Spin was probably about 95kms? (Start for me was Windy Arbour, 114kms door to door)

Enjoyed that, forgot how much I missed the longer ones
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Neal Hudson.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2617 by Eddie Lynch
Replied by Eddie Lynch on topic Re: Park spins start this Sunday 09/10/11
Good spin from the Park today, about 15 riders, ably led by John Marron and included the welcome return of John O'Kane (after 5 years off the bike!)
We finished up with about 29kph over nearly 100km. Lots of tired bodies a the end, including mine! great spin though, minimal traffic and nice weather.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds