Park spins again, 30/01/2011

More
13 years 7 months ago #1378 by Dave Mc
Park spins again, 30/01/2011 was created by Dave Mc
There's a cracker of a route for this Sunday heading out into the flatlands of County Meath. This'll be near enough the flatest, and so one of the fastest, of all the Winter spins.

There are likely to be three groups leaving from the Pope's cross again, pretty much the same as two weeks ago. The First group will as usual be the experienced racers, who'll probably average about 33-34km/h, and could well throw an extra 20 or 30km onto the route, either by accident or design.

There'll be the coached racing group, for riders who are making the move up to racing or have done a season in the league and want to prepare themselves for open racing. That group will average about 30-31km/h, with a few efforts and race-type drills thrown in.

Third group out will be Arthur's steady group, doing about 27-28km/h. I'm not sure yet if there'll be anyone there to look after stragglers, so if anyone feels like sitting at the back taking tickets for the journey home let us know.

If these options all seem too fast there will be spins from the shop as usual. Judging by last time out there will probably be 4 groups averaging between 20 and 25km/h, with no-one left behind. Or, you could come out and hang on to one of the Park groups and see how much it brings you on. Whatever you're after, you won't be stuck for choice anyway.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #1379 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic Re:Park spins again, 30/01/2011
Absolutely smashing spin in the coached racing group today. Weather was ideal, some lovely roads and a very evenly matched group as well.

103km from the Park back to the Park, at an average of 29km/h. Fair play to all involved, that ended up being one of my most enjoyable spins in a long while.

More
13 years 7 months ago #1380 by John Lanigan
Replied by John Lanigan on topic Re:Park spins again, 30/01/2011
Dave

As my first ever Park spin, it was a brilliant run yesterday in the medium group helped in no small part by your lead to hold the group toether. For anyone who is still nervous about the Park spins, dont be. The pace is a bit higher but is still very manageable and there was a fantastic group out that all worked well together.

Thanks

More
13 years 7 months ago #1381 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic Re:Park spins again, 30/01/2011
Loved the interval work on the medium spin! I think I'll be keeping with that group in future - friendly, yet still keeping the pace strong.

• Celeste Marin
13 years 7 months ago #1383 by Celeste Marin
Replied by Celeste Marin on topic Re:Park spins again, 30/01/2011
If you were doing intervals, you were in the coached racing group, not the medium group.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds