2nd Coaching Session - Improving Performance

More
13 years 9 months ago #1283 by John Lanigan
2nd Coaching Session - Improving Performance was created by John Lanigan
Just a reminder for all that the second coaching session "Improving Performance" is on tomorrow - Sat 27th November.

The coaching seminar hosted by Paddy Doran will take place at the West County Hotel in Chapelizod and in the Phoenix Park.

Time is from 10.30 am - 4.00 pm with sign on in the West County Hotel.

Some of the sessions will be in the Phoenix Park although if the weather turns very bad we can operate from the hotel all day. (The coaching session will run regardless of the weather as we can use the hotel all day if required)

The seminar, which is part of an expanded Orwell coaching programme ahead of the 2011 season, is subsidised from club funds and all members, regardless of discipline, are encouraged to take part.

The day’s activities will include lectures and practical work, and part of the function of the event will be to streamline riders into different coaching interest groups for further coaching through the winter.

The cost, which includes a full day coaching seminar, morning tea and coffee and a carvery lunch buffet is just €10 per person or €7 for under 18’s and the unemployed.

All members are welcome. Please bring a bike and running gear for practical sessions in the Phoenix Park.

To book your place email Paddy Doran: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Date: Saturday 27th November.

Time: 10.30am-4.00pm

Venue: West County Hotel - Location Info

Cost: €10 per person or €7 for under 18’s and the unemployed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #1286 by Declan Quigley
Replied by Declan Quigley on topic Re:2nd Coaching Session - Improving Performance
Cheers John.
It’s worth repeating that this session is for all members and everyone, regardless of their season goals, can get something from the day.
This isn’t just for Rás wannabees. Whether you’re looking forward to a season of club racing, weekend leisure spins or are targeting Paris-Brest-Paris, this session can benefit you.
Take up has been pretty strong already but with almost 300 members we should be aiming to fill the West County.
This is the second part of a club initiative to create a focused coaching structure for club members and it behoves all of us to make a special effort to attend.
Looked at one way, for a tenner or less, you get a slap up meal at a knockdown rate with international level coaching thrown in for free.
Paddy has written an interesting piece for Irishcycling.com which is pertinent to the topics up for discussion tomorrow and which have exercised contributors to the forum in the past week or so. Check it out here .
See you all at the West County at 10.30 in the morning.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Declan Quigley. Reason: Lack of link...

More
13 years 9 months ago #1287 by BarryR
Can't be there. Grrrr. Life getting in the way of cycling again...

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

More
13 years 9 months ago #1288 by Diarmuid Collins
Replied by Diarmuid Collins on topic Re:2nd Coaching Session - Improving Performance

John Lanigan wrote:
All members are welcome. Please bring a bike and running gear for practical sessions in the Phoenix Park.

Will we be mostly on the bike or indoors? ie should I arrive in my club gear or bring a change of clothes? I'm not sure what to expect.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #1289 by Dave Mc
Diarmuid Collins wrote:

Will we be mostly on the bike or indoors? ie should I arrive in my club gear or bring a change of clothes? I'm not sure what to expect.

It will be roughly 50/50 indoors and out, although if it's icy it could be entirely indoors.

I would think you'll be best off arriving in your civvies and bring a change of kit. I've just heard from Paddy that he's hoping to start off with bike work and then move back indoors later, so you should arrive in cycling kit and bring a change for the classroom session.

Bring runners as well as your cycling shoes, as some of the drills will be walked through or involve a certain amount of hopping on/off the bike.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Dave Mc. Reason: Word from the horse's mouth

More
13 years 9 months ago #1290 by Dave Mc
On top of that, a pen and paper would probably also be useful.

More
13 years 9 months ago #1291 by Diarmuid Collins
Replied by Diarmuid Collins on topic Re:2nd Coaching Session - Improving Performance
Thanks Dave

More
13 years 9 months ago #1293 by Diarmuid Collins
Taking into account the road conditions, will we be needing our bikes today?

More
13 years 9 months ago #1295 by Dave Mc
Diarmuid Collins wrote:

Taking into account the road conditions, will we be needing our bikes today?

I think you'd be safe enough to leave your bike at home.

I'm not entirely sure what Paddy has planned, but he has plenty of stuff to work on that we can do at the hotel.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #1296 by Declan Quigley
Replied by Declan Quigley on topic Re:2nd Coaching Session - Improving Performance
I just spoke to Paddy. All systems go, but we won't be using the bikes.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Declan Quigley. Reason: Bloody iPhone predictive text inserting apostrophes where they shouldn't be....

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds