Why so few in the Park?

• Caroline Martinez
13 years 9 months ago #1285 by Caroline Martinez
Replied by Caroline Martinez on topic Re:Why so few in the Park?
I think there are enough people in each group to start a group at each location on the same day.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #1339 by BarryR
Replied by BarryR on topic Re:Why so few in the Park?
Assuming the published arrangement for this Sunday's club spins still stands, I plan to go to the one starting from the Park. If anyone from Dundrum & surrounds wants to travel over together for mutual encouragement, I'll wait at the KCR and leave there for the Park promptly at 9:10 a.m.

The published route for the park spin is a flat loop out Kilcock/Clane direction, so it's a great opportunity to get those endurance miles you've been missing.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

More
13 years 8 months ago #1340 by Declan Quigley
Replied by Declan Quigley on topic Re:Why so few in the Park?
I'll see you in the Park, Barry. Hopefully the legs still work apres ski...
Fingers crossed there'll be be a decent crowd in the morning. I suspect that there'll be lots of enthusiasm to get the new year off to a positive start.

More
13 years 8 months ago #1341 by BarryR
Replied by BarryR on topic Re:Why so few in the Park?
About 15 turned up at the Park meeting point this morning, so some improvement in numbers over the last few months. The pace was relaxed to brisk, so the group easily stayed together until a split at Sallins where half took a more direct route home and half went on by Eadestown & Rathcoole.

All enjoyed the spin, and no one was dropped. It wasn't the torture that club legends have spoken of, so maybe we'll get more giving the Park a go when we're next there, in a couple of weeks.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

More
13 years 8 months ago #1343 by Administrator
Replied by Administrator on topic Re:Why so few in the Park?
So what is the final word on this? I will change the text on the spin info page because it now only says that the faster group meets in Phoenix Park. Is the north-side group open to any level of rider?

More
13 years 8 months ago #1344 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic Re:Why so few in the Park?
Administrator wrote:

So what is the final word on this? I will change the text on the spin info page because it now only says that the faster group meets in Phoenix Park. Is the north-side group open to any level of rider?

The Park spins are there for everyone except the absolute beginners.

They do tend to be a little faster on average than the Southside spins, but only because of the lack of hills. They still operate on the principle of no-one being left behind.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds