Discount on previously posted Events

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #38278 by Bryan Johnston
External Events was created by Bryan Johnston
   Non Orwell Noticeboard    NEW This will cater for Non Orwell events that may be of interest to members including Sportives / charity cycles / movies / fitness and nutrition programmes etcOrwell Wheelers are not endorsing any of these events and retain the right to remove and restrict  noticesIf you would like to have an event publicised please send details to any committee member and they will  uploadTo get the ball rolling here are 2 events you might like
  1. ifi.ie/film/the-last-rider/      The incredible story of the greatest cycling race in history, the 1989 Tour De France, and how American Greg LeMond faced down betrayal, childhood sexual abuse ...in the IFC next week 
  2. A charity cycle in Vietnam for Operation Childlife .  Angkor to Saigon Fundraising Cycle 2023'
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Brian Mc. Reason: update
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis Gleeson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #38283 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic External Notice Board
A few that have been sent to me:

TWO COUNTY CHALLENGE, SUNDAY 25TH JUNE 2023
All profits will be going to Pieta House.     
To buy a ticket see link   McNally Swords CC Two County Challenge 2023 - Buy Tickets (eventmaster.ie)   It would be great to see as many of you there.  

Reservoir Cogs Sportive 2023:

This years event is 3rd September. All the details are here: www.reservoircogs.ie

CAS Sean Kelly 'King of the Castle' Sportif - August 19th:

Cycle Against Suicide is hosting their Sean Kelly 'King of the Castle' Sportif on Saturday, August 19th.  Commencing from and finishing at Swords Castle there are 2 routes - 120km or 55kms

Full details are available at:  www.cycleagainstsuicide.com/events/

More
1 year 2 months ago #38286 by Denis Gleeson
Replied by Denis Gleeson on topic External Notice Board
The Murphy Geospatial Cycle for Children's Health Foundation Back will be held on Saturday 22nd July in aid of the Children's Health Foundation. We aim to raise vital funds for this fantastic non-profit. To date, Murphy Geospatial has raised over €90,000 for the charity in over 7 years of running the event. We’re looking forward to adding to that this year. 

Join the race by choosing the 50km or 100km route. Sign up now to receive a 10% discount!

ENTER NOW

Further discounts can be discussed for large groups of over 20 riders. Get in touch with Garry at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or myself.

Find out more here: www.murphygs.com/CCHF2023
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc

More
1 year 1 month ago #38383 by Denis Gleeson
Replied by Denis Gleeson on topic External Notice Board
Naas Cycling Club are delighted to announce the 2023 Tour of Kildare to be held on Sunday, August 20, 2023 - Kildare County Council offices, Devoy Park, Naas W91 X77F. Start Times: both routes will start at 9:30am

All proceeds from the event will be going to Saplings School for Children with Autism & Special Needs in Kill, Co Kildare.

Registration OPEN NOW at: eventmaster.ie/event/n8LkfplH0v Full details and Route maps on the club website:
www.naascyclingclub.com/2023/07/20314/ The Tour of Kildare comprises of 2 routes – a 65km route and a 117km route - to cater for cyclists of all abilities. Note there will be a cut-off point/time for the 117km route - details to follow.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #38465 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic External Events
Maynooth Cycling Club is delighted to announce the Dave Mulready Memorial Cycle Sportive to be held on the 17th September 2023. There are two routes available, a 60km route with ~300m of elevation and a 100km route with ~500m of elevation. Registration is only €25 for Cycling Ireland members. Details of the event can be found on our website  www.maynoothcyclingclub.org/

More
11 months 6 hours ago - 11 months 6 hours ago #38576 by Peter McGrath
Replied by Peter McGrath on topic External Events
Ageing strong: Social support and wellbeing in older endurance athletesMaxine Strain an endurance coach is looking for people to interview as part of a Masters in sports. Please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you fit the criteria. 

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 months 6 hours ago by Peter McGrath.

More
10 months 6 days ago - 10 months 6 days ago #38617 by Peter McGrath
Replied by Peter McGrath on topic How to achieve all your fitness goals in 2024
Hello,

High-end performance coach Alan Heary gave a very interesting zoom talk to club members during COVID lockdown.

He is giving a talk at Cycle Super Store Tallaght on 25th January 2024. Admission free but registration is required:
www.eventbrite.com/e/how-to-achieve-all-...tickets-757661113787

See you there!
Last edit: 10 months 6 days ago by Peter McGrath.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #38755 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic External Events
Email for an event that might suit some:

My name is Bernie and my family and I have decided to raise money after losing my husband Eric to an Aortic Dissection. We are running a 100 Km cycle, Saturday 27th of April, starting at Pilsen Auto Skoda dealership, Ballymount, Dublin.
All the funds raised from this event will go to the recently established Aortic Dissection Fund in St James's Hospital.
I'm asking if possible you could circulate/ hang up the poster below within your cycling club in case any of your members would like to participate, any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Many Thanks, Bernie. 

stjameshospitalfoundation.enthuse.com/cf...-st-james-s-hospital
eventmaster.ie/event/56koHQvsEz

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Brian Mc.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #38758 by Louise Keane
Replied by Louise Keane on topic External Events
An event in support of the RNLI which I was asked to share on behalf of the organisers - 

“We are excited to announce our 3rd annual RNLI Lough Derg Charity Cycle in the year that is our 200th anniversary of the RNLI.
It is a 120km or a 65km cycle which circuits the beautiful Lough Derg on the River Shannon. On your return to the Lifeboat Station at Lough Derg Yacht Club in Dromineer you can relax and enjoy some food and some well-earned drinks.”

rnlilapthelake2024.eventbrite.co.uk

More
6 months 5 days ago - 6 months 5 days ago #38777 by Joe Fitzpatrick
Replied by Joe Fitzpatrick on topic External Events
This came into the club.
Dont know anything about them.
Just sharing the text and link in case anyone is interested.
(not sharing the brochures as they are too large)

Hi, I hope this email finds you well. I just wanted to touch base with you to let you know about our cycling Tour company ( Braking Away Cycling Tours) and our upcoming tours for this year.  

Braking Away Cycling Tours is a small independent business based in Malahide, Dublin. Set up by like-minded individuals with a passion for cycling. Our aim is to give cyclists the opportunity to view the beauty that Europe has to offer, from the rolling hills of Tuscany to the stunning vistas of the French Alps, cycling the same roads as Le Tour de France.  All our tours are fully supported, with small groups of 6-8 cyclists, dedicated cycle guides, mechanic and support vehicle with all your needs catered for.  

We have handpicked our hotels to ensure you have the finest food and facilities at your disposal. Most of the hotels offer leisure centres or spa facilities to help you relax after a day in the saddle.  

We look after all luggage transfers and check ins at the hotels, so all you have to do is get on your bike and enjoy the ride.  

This year we have 2 different styles of tour running in France and Italy.  

The French Alps - The 10 Icons tour. This tour is all about the climbs, a hitlist of 10 of the most iconic climbs from the Tour de France over 6 days.  It's a tough challenge but very rewarding week, ticking all those climbs off your bucket list.   

Italy -Tuscany. 
Our tour of Tuscany is a stunning week cycling at a more leisurely pace. We will be based in Radda in Chianti for the week. The beauty of this trip is that we will be based in 1 hotel for the week, so no packing your bags every morning. We will have 2 routes 50km/100km, you can choose whichever you would like or even take a leisurely day off the bike. On the Tuscany Tour, we are also offering clients to bring a non cycling partner for half price.  They can enjoy the leisure and spa facilities in the hotel or some of the stunning walks around the beautiful Tuscan countrÿside.  As you are a local club, we would like to offer you a special discount for your members 5% off 3 or more riders and 10% off a group of 6-8 riders. 

Please find attached 2 brochures of our Tours for this summer. I would be really grateful if you would circulate these to your club members.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.    
Ciara O'Dwyer
Braking Away Cycling tours
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.brakingaway.net/

Last edit: 6 months 5 days ago by Joe Fitzpatrick.

More
6 months 5 days ago - 6 months 5 days ago #38778 by Leonard Kaye
Replied by Leonard Kaye on topic External Events
If you are interested in a cycling trip to Italy, then you may be interested in either of (May or Oct) the Italian trips that the Orwell Touring /Adventure group are offering.

We offer more than the above company, at half the price - as we deal directly with the Bike hotels.  There are 5 places left on each trip. 
If interested then join

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Cheers. 
Leonard 
Last edit: 6 months 5 days ago by Leonard Kaye.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #38794 by Joe Fitzpatrick
Replied by Joe Fitzpatrick on topic External Events - Street Velodrome
For anyone who may be interested
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  via  orwellwheelers.org 1:10 PM (1 hour ago)   

Good afternoon I’m delighted to say that I will be running 3 events with Street Velodrome during bike week in May.

I’m looking for a couple of professional coaches to work the events and would prefer to keep this local to the event.

Are there any professional coaches in the Orwell Wheelers ranks if so would you be able to reach out to them?

We are at;
Millennium Park Dublin on Saturday 11th May.
Blessington Wicklow on Friday 17th and Saturday 18th May.
Carlow Sunday 19th May.  

It's a really fun event and kids love taking part.  

Many thanks 
Jon Graham
Managing Director
Street Velodrome
M: 07749034687
E: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
W:  www.streetvelodrome.com
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Joe Fitzpatrick.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #38803 by Joe Fitzpatrick
My name is Lyndsey and I am contacting you today on behalf of Cancer Fund for Children, a non-profit organisation providing informal emotional, social and therapeutic support to children and young people across Ireland living with cancer. I’m reaching out to cycling clubs throughout Dublin to make them aware of an upcoming Dublin to Clifden Cycle, starting June 7th. The two-day event invites cyclists to complete the 320km journey while raising funds for our charity. The event is organised by New Beginning Cycling Club, but we are helping them reach other clubs to see if any members might be interested in taking part. If you or your members would like any further information, you can find more details and a registration link on our website: The Dublin to Clifden Cycle for Cancer Fund for Children | Cancer Fund For Children  or you can contact me directly and I’d be happy to assist you. Please feel free to share this email and attached image amongst your club members, or anyone else you think may be interested in taking part. Thanks so much,Lyndsey

Lyndsey Farrell
Digital & Comms Executive

[img]blob:https://orwellwheelers.org/10e59362-8022-4361-b154-54445685eed7[/img]t:+44 28 9080 5599/+353 1 562 1580 
m: 
www.cancerfundforchildren.com

More
2 months 1 week ago #38866 by Joe Fitzpatrick
Another company contacted the club.
Posting here for information only - so that members have visibility on what is out there
(this is not an endorsement)

GoBike is making great strides over the last year. Between investment, customers and a clearer model of delivering we are on a growth path.
We expect to have 50 distinct offers and the ability to customise by September, in preparation for Winter Training and Spring'25.

If you are not the person to try and get presented to Orwell members perhaps you might refer me to the correct contact? Or let them know about us.

We are expanding to hiking, but cycling....

Mallorca long weekend:
www.gobike.io/location-sierra-de-traumuntana

Leisurely E-biking in Greece:
www.gobike.io/location-mani-peninsula

Pyrenees Raid:
www.gobike.io/location-epic-pyrenees-tour

is our core business.

More
2 months 1 week ago #38869 by Joe Fitzpatrick
Replied by Joe Fitzpatrick on topic Discount on previously posted Events
Again, not an endorsement 
but it would be remiss of me to not repost given the discount 

Hi, Ciara from Braking Away Cycling Tours here.  I emailed you earlier this year in relation to our tours for 2024. We are just back from 2 successful tours in the French Alps ( 10 Icons) and are getting ready for our Italian adventure
We are running a 7 day Tour of Tuscany in August.  We had a cycling club booked in for this tour but they pulled out at the last minute. We have reduced the price from €2,150 to €1,650 due to the cancellations and their non refundable deposits being paid already. Our tour of Tuscany is a stunning week of cycling and is fully supported. We will be running two tours each day. A 50km and a 100km route. The choice is yours. Our base is an amazing Tuscan Palazzo in the heart of the Chianti hills and the epicentre of the great wine producers of the region. The hotel boasts spa and relaxation therapies, wellness centre and swimming pool. The beauty of this trip is that we will be based in 1 hotel for the week, so no packing your bags every morning. Pick up and drop off at Pisa airport is included in the price. On the Tuscany Tour, we are also offering clients to bring a non cycling partner for half price.  They can enjoy the leisure and spa facilities in the hotel or some of the stunning walks around the beautiful Tuscan countrÿside.  

The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis Gleeson

Time to create page: 0.803 seconds