How to fix weak wifi causing Zwift problems

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #32214 by BarryR
If you have had problems on Zwift or RGT or similar because your shed or patio is too far from your wifi box, causing a weak wifi signal, then this may solve it for you.

What you need is a "wifi extender". These are small relatively cheap devices that connect to your existing wifi and re-transmit it. The effect is to extend the range of your wifi network. Place one somewhere between your existing wifi box and wherever you use for Zwift or RGT to improve the wifi signal. For example, just inside a back room to improve the signal on your patio or out in your shed.

There are many wifi extenders available (search online for wifi extender), but one that is cheap, gets decent reviews, and is available now is the Netgear EX3700 . It's just a block that plugs straight into a power socket (no wires). Very easy to set up, and you can easily move it around your home to improve wifi coverage in different areas.

The Netgear EX3700

It's listed on Amazon for £33.99 at
www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-Wi-Fi-Range-Ext...EX3700/dp/B00XYEPLXU

It's also available in Dublin for delivery in 1 or 2 days from Elara for €48.40:
www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=MME0713937
(I've used Elara many times and can recommend them).

Any questions just ask.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by BarryR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise Keane, Leonard Kaye

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #32215 by Louise Keane
Replied by Louise Keane on topic How to fix weak wifi causing Zwift problems
We have something like that which we use to extend the wifi to the patio and it works great - highly recommend them, especially with the weather getting warm!

Now if you need suggestions on how to build a sun shade to keep your turbo in the shade and working during zwift I can suggest the low tech laundry drying rack with towel solution;) NOT the normal Irish problem!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonard Kaye

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.228 seconds