A study in UCD is looking for cyclists with good knees - fancy getting involved?

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #28279 by Louise Keane
I received an email from the Institute for Sport and Health in University College Dublin. They are working on a clinical trial looking at the knee health of fit and active individuals.

The criteria are:
- aged between 50 and 70
- have NO knee pain and no previous knee issues
- are in good health
- are willing to give up no more than 2 hours of their time to contribute to our research project (this includes a DEXA scan - the Gold standard measure of body composition - of which all participants will receive a free full report outlining their results).

From the email:
The testing includes a DEXA scan that will measure body composition (fat and muscle mass) as well as bone mineral density and I have no doubt that some of the members would be interested in gaining insight into their true body composition as DEXA scans offer valuable information regarding one's health and are not routinely administered as they can be costly.

I have attached a poster aimed at your members. It explains the type of people we are looking for and also provides them with contact details if they wish to get in touch with me. I would be more than happy to chat to any of them, including yourself, about the trial and exactly what we are looking to achieve.

I would be extremely grateful if you could spread the word and advertise our poster to our members. Hopefully this will bring us some healthy volunteers.

Please do not hesitate to contact me via email ( This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) or on my mobile 087 0687400.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Louise Keane.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eugène SKIL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #28347 by BarryR
Just did this this morning. Very interesting information. They're still looking for volunteers so if you fit the requirements give them a shout.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise Keane, Eugène SKIL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds