MSc study seeking asthmatic male volunteers

More
6 years 3 months ago #26685 by Brian Mc
MSc study seeking asthmatic male volunteers:

The aim of the study is to establish the best time of day to exercise with asthma. The study involves 2-3 visits to Trinity College lasting 45 minutes each time, once in the morning and evening. Participants will be tested for exercise-induced asthma using a deep breathing test. Eligible participants will be males aged 18-45 with mild to moderate asthma. Please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for further information

Many thanks,
Dr Andrew Rowe

(Andrew is a postgraduate student completing a MSc in sports and exercise medicine, looking at exercise-induced asthma, specifically what time of the day is best to exercise with asthma. Participants will receive the gold standard test for exercise-induced asthma which they can use to guide their training.)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #26902 by Louise Keane
Replied by Louise Keane on topic MSc study seeking asthmatic male volunteers
They are still looking for participants for this study if any of our male members are interested?

Info from a poster forwarded by Cycling Ireland:

Do you suffer from asthma?
Get tested for exercise-induced asthma!
Who?
We are looking to hear from MALES (18-45) diagnosed with mild to moderate asthma. We are also looking for MALES who don’t have asthma to act as controls. Participants must be regular exercisers and not had a severe asthma attack for 5 years.
What?
We are conducting a study looking at the effect that time of day has on exercise induced asthma. It will be an experimental study where we will perform a fast, deep breathing test to see the effect that time of day has on asthma.
Sounds great! Tell me more!
The study will be conducted over 3 days on campus in the Human Performance Laboratory in the Trinity College Dublin. On day 1 we will complete a pre-participation medical, explain the test and ask you to sign a consent form. On day 2 and 3 we will conduct the fast, deep breathing test in the morning and evening.
What can I do to get involved?
If you’re interested in enrolling in the study please contact me for more information! We really appreciate your help in this project and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me!
Dr Andrew Rowe This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds