How to give your Mates a break and respect the Club Colours all in one !

More
6 years 7 months ago #25278 by BarryR

And on this civilised and literate note James and I conclude our contributions to this evergreen/gnarled - pick your adjective - topic.

If only twitter could be like this the world would be a far better place.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #25280 by Andrew Potts
As a note of caution I recently fitted a set of clip on full mud guards to my secondary bike which always had a clearance problem for mud guards. Thought everything was cool until my front guard tangled with the down tube during a commute and down I went. It had functioned perfectly for a week or so with no issues then this. Reason, not a clue but some slippage or change must have happened, so beware of clearance. Once the steering goes you go.

More
6 years 7 months ago #25283 by Tom Weymes
Breaking my vow of silence: since my primary concern is the wellbeing of my clubmates (OK, as well as my own dry arse) I never bother with the front mudguard. The back one does the most important work and will not, even in the worst case, disrupt your steering.

More
6 years 7 months ago #25286 by Cathy O'Brien
Andrew thanks for the heads up on this. I did experience a problem with steering just a stones throw from home. Lucky the last k is on the straight. The clearance wouldn't be great on the front so I'll have a good look at it again and perhaps remove the front one like Tom Wymes advises. Only for this post I would not have paid any attention to the steering promblem I had so Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Potts

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds