W200 Remembrance

More
7 years 3 months ago #22984 by Andrew Potts
W200 Remembrance was created by Andrew Potts
The untimely death of Tonya has affected us all and I think we have all struggled with the consequences in different ways, as we all know it could have been anyone of us.
When I first cycled with her she had said the W200 had been her first event with Orwell and now that we are here again I just know, had she been alive she would be proudly lining up in Orwell colours ready to smash what ever time she posted last year.
I intend to wear a black arm band on Sunday as an act of remembrance for Tonya and invite all cycling in Orwell to wear one as the W200 is nearly a home event for our club.
Orwell has  an enormous profile within the event as there are so many individuals and Orwell groups that take part . I do think it might even in a small way raise awareness of the venerability of cyclists in general and I think our visibility during the event wearing black armbands in large numbers would be noticed.
A black ribbon or even black sticky tape wrapped around the arm would be a small but poweful statement of remembrance and tribute to a young women who loved her cycling.
If you wish to join me please share the idea with the various groups and WhatsApp groups your are connected in to spread the idea through the club.
Thank you in advance, good luck Sunday and keep safe
Regards
Andrew Potts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis Gleeson, Fergal O'Sullivan, Gerard Coffey, John Duignan, Michael Hanley, Kevin Connaire, Simon Kelehan, Donal O'Connor, Warren Cray, Sue McDonagh, Lorcan Lynch, Leonard Kaye, Monica Coll, Ken Moloney, Eric Davis, Gillian Baker, Stefan Foster, Cathy O'Brien, Tara Nelson, Glenn Daly, Evan Hughes, Brendan Kelly, George Flanagan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #22986 by Leonard Kaye
Replied by Leonard Kaye on topic W200 Remembrance
Well done Andrew, I'll organise a few rolls of black ribbon and safety pins and have them available in the support cars.

Cheers,
Leonard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donal O'Connor, Stefan Foster, Evan Hughes

More
7 years 3 months ago #22987 by Eric Davis
Replied by Eric Davis on topic W200 Remembrance
Fair play Andrew, lovely idea.

More
7 years 3 months ago #22990 by Denis Gleeson
Replied by Denis Gleeson on topic W200 Remembrance
Andrew a lovely. Thanks for remembering

More
7 years 3 months ago #23004 by Gerard Coffey
Replied by Gerard Coffey on topic W200 Remembrance
Tonya is always in my thoughts and will always be remembered.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken Moloney, Tara Nelson

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds