Kit Sizing - Discussion/Questions

More
7 years 3 months ago #22838 by Michael Hanley
Kit Sizing - Discussion/Questions was created by Michael Hanley
As you know, we are a cycling club and despite having an online "store", we are not actually an online shop where you can easily return or exchange items.

We do have at least one sizing night per season, but I know that not everyone can attend.

I've mentioned to a few people that they should ask a person of similar height and build what size kit they wear, but given it's not always possible to find someone exactly like you on a spin, I've started this thread so that people can share their dimensions and get feedback from members.

Example:

"Hi, my height/weight/waist are x,y,z", someone replies

"Oh, I'm pretty close to you, I have Large shorts and a medium jersey, fit is pretty tight on the jersey but I like that", so you might say

"ok, thanks, I like a looser jersey myself so I'll get a Large jersey"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #22839 by Peter Fox
Replied by Peter Fox on topic Kit Sizing - Discussion/Questions
On the kit sizing night the lad from Velo looked at me and recommended a size medium. It was like trying to fit on child's clothes, laughable... :-)

I'm generally a Large in everything T-shirts/Shirts and even for cycling usually a Large for Endura and other mainstream brands. 5'11" height, 42" chest, 34" waist.

For 'real' cycling kit though including Velo, Castelli etc I find this equates to XXL which is actually as per the dimensions on the Velo website for my measurements (rather than the advice I got on the kit sizing night!).

Hope this helps!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon Kelehan

More
7 years 3 months ago #22857 by Donal O'Connor
Replied by Donal O'Connor on topic Kit Sizing - Discussion/Questions
Michael I know it's childish but the example of two club members comparing sizes and dimensions reminded me of this show.

Fast show suit you

More
7 years 3 months ago #22859 by Colin Costello
Replied by Colin Costello on topic Kit Sizing - Discussion/Questions
Oh dear, I'm now going to lose the rest of the night revisiting many many! Fast show clips.

...Ooh! suits you sir!

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds