Cowperson of the Year

More
7 years 9 months ago #20594 by Ann Horan
Cowperson of the Year was created by Ann Horan
Hey Everybody,
The Christmas party kicks off at 8pm in the Merrion Inn on Saturday December 10th. Finger food will be served and the cowgirl/ cowboy of the year will be announced during the course of the night!

We're looking for nominations for cowgirl/cowboy of the year.The award will be presented at the Christmas party.Nominees should have done something in the past year, to bring the club into disrepute. Please email me with your nominations
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Festive dress is encouraged so root out those Christmas jumpers from the back of your wardrobes and get them on for the night!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #20634 by Ann Horan
Replied by Ann Horan on topic Cowperson of the Year
Some of the nominees so far..

*Eddie Lynch

'I want to nominate Eddie Lynch for his astonishing Halloween black face faux pas at the spokey cyclocross event.'

*Breda Horan

'While competing in the Kilternan cx race organised by Fixx/Expert Cycles (and viewed by a huge number of spectators), Breda went on to take a stunning 2nd place in a sprint finish that one seasoned reporter labelled "the most exciting finish they'd seen".

But not before doing this:

giphy.com/gifs/U0HuKpZl3p6Te

The dismount to hurdle over barriers before gracefully remounting in a swift motion is one of the key skills in cyclocross. Breda, however, opted to throw her bike forward in one of the most amazing bike tosses I've seen.'

Monica Freiband ( The yank)

'I want to nominate Monica Freiband. Her first ever post on the Orwell leisure whatsapp group was 'would anyone like to go for a ride in the morning?'
Then when introduced to our club president Denis Gleeson, she said 'I know Denis already. We were riding yesterday morning!!'

Keep the nominations coming!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eugène SKIL

More
7 years 9 months ago #20671 by Ann Horan
Replied by Ann Horan on topic Cowperson of the Year
Two nominees just in

* Tommy Scanlon
1. For having bulging biceps that was written about twice. By Ann Horan who described them as bulging to begin with then Luke potter who described all the lads turning up and all we could look at was his biceps with jealousy. We all felt inferior ever since.
2. For racing in corkagh week 1 of club league. John lannigan rang bell with 2 laps to go as per start line instructions and tommy didn't listen to rules at start line and unleashed an unbeatable sprint that nobody could live with then pulled over to celebrate his win only to be told there was 1 lap to go still.

* Darragh Connolly
Also for darragh Connolly who was so obsessed with beating Tom crotty 100m final sprint in cambrils early March that he crashed on the corner and his bike went 100m further than he did and landed into fence on the other side of the road. Darragh crashed head 1st smashing his helmet and locals picked him up while he was saying...it's all right I was just trying to beat Tom crotty time on Strava. The locals looked at him weird cause they only spoke Spanish. Needless to say everyone gave up trying to beat crotty kom after that. We then tried to run it after scoops..,then failed. Kenibal and Mark even tipped a taxi driver to drive quick on last 100m with Strava on but still failed. Tom crotty would not be beaten even in a car.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #20673 by Leonard Kaye
Replied by Leonard Kaye on topic Cowperson of the Year
“Leisure marries Cyclo Cross”

Here's two nominations: Kathryn (Keogh) for her once in a life time cow girl error for bringing the group down a rough pot holed (2:28 in on the video ) dirt track on a leisure spin and Eamonn (2:45 into the video ) for his rodeo style dismount on this track , great recovery Eamonn (Mc Cormack) – pure cowboy champion.

Enjoy
Leonard
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Leonard Kaye.

Time to create page: 0.953 seconds