Mon 15 Aug - Enniskerry-Stepaside accident

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #19249 by Brian Mc
Odds are slim on this one, but maybe one of our many members might be able to help...

Last Monday week, 15th Aug, I was cycling back from Enniskerry towards Stepaside. It was sunny and warm – perfect for cycling. A small silver car drove past me and hit me as it passed. The rear passenger side made contact with my handlebars. The car drove on and did not stop. The driver of a white van which was travelling behind saw what happened. The van stopped and I gestured to the driver to go after the car, which they did. It is a straight road and I could see that they caught up with the car. But they never came back….. and they did not report it to the Guards, who have been very helpful.

It was a high impact crash and I am lucky that the injuries were not more significant.

It is possible that someone out cycling on the road that day might have camera footage of the traffic between Enniskerry and Kilternan, or surrounding area. The accident occurred about a third of the way down the hill between the Sports Hotel and the Golden Ball pub at about 6.35pm. The easiest thing to look for is a small silver car followed by a white van (like a Transit). We are also checking CCTV from local premises but no results so far.
I would appreciate any help and anyone with information can contact Garda Pat Cullen in Dundrum or myself.
Many thanks,
John (email:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds