Orwell Fantasy League

More
8 years 5 months ago #15447 by Bryan Geary
Orwell Fantasy League was created by Bryan Geary
I was toying with the idea but time got the better of me over the past few weeks and I couldn't get in down on paper in time for tonight.

It was to be along the lines of some of the more regular pro cycling fantasy games. We would have variable Euro values for riders from scratch down to limit. You would pick your team of X amount of riders with points going for placings at each round. Everyone has access to the riders across the groups on the club league spreadsheet.

Depending on the race week there might be double or triple points for lower handicap groups doing well in open races out in Brittas or Black, specific points for Champ races, or doing well in TTs the ideas here can be limitless.

For example, with a budget of €50m you could pick 10 riders with a set minimum chosen from lower handicap tiers. With the likes of Brian McArdle costing close to €35m you'd need to shop elsewhere anyway....

Still at an early stage of development, probably a little late for this first few months action but if anyone wants to lend a few ideas or get involved in this for a trial run for maybe the second half of the league, send me an email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

It'll take someone with more logistical sense than me but it might be a bit of social craic around the league itself .

Best of luck to everyone tonight !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luke GJ Potter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #15452 by Greg Farrell
Replied by Greg Farrell on topic Orwell Fantasy League
How did I know that "Brian Mc" would be mentioned in a thread titled 'Orwell Fantasy League'?

I was hoping for pictures :(

More
8 years 5 months ago #15453 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Orwell Fantasy League
sounds like a great idea...I'd like B Mc, 2 Murnanes and the Kenibal on my team!
Stick me down as a yes on this.

On a slightly different but connected topic. Darragh will be organising the Giro Fantasy asap through the usual Road.cc website. Details to follow.

garret

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds