CycleSure Racing Insurance Info.

More
8 years 6 months ago #14605 by Daragh Boyd
CycleSure Racing Insurance Info. was created by Daragh Boyd
Hi,

This is only relevant to people who are covered or interested in getting racing cover for their road bikes during races in 2016. I was in contact with Cyclesure.ie and they are no longer offering renewals on race insurance in the Irish market due to reasons of high volumes in claims. Just to note you're still covered if your policy hasn't expired. I believe they do intend coming back into the market late in 2016 again as they did mention this. I'm currently trying to source new insurance, I'll keep people who are interested informed.

Regards,
Daragh Boyd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronan Foley, Bryan Geary, Ken O'Neill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #15080 by Daragh Boyd
Replied by Daragh Boyd on topic CycleSure Racing Insurance Info.
I'm currently in contact with Kidd Insurance to see if they can provide any form of competitive road racing cover which needs to include Accidental Damage. I'll keep anyone interested informed or can people update me who they went with this year, as Cycle Sure no longer offers this cover on 2016 renewals.

Regards,
Daragh
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Daragh Boyd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bernard English, Ken O'Neill

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #15596 by Daragh Boyd
Hi,

I just heard back the other day that the following companies may provide cover. I believe O'Driscoll O'Neil Insurance provides cover for Cycling Ireland. The other company is Blue Insurance. I've emailed O'Driscoll O'Neil www.odon.ie/ to verify if they offer Accidental Damage cover and any form of Personal Injury, with Theft inclusive. I'm also checking to see if they offer clubs members any form of discount.

Regards,
Daragh
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Daragh Boyd.

More
8 years 5 months ago #15599 by Ken O'Neill
Replied by Ken O'Neill on topic CycleSure Racing Insurance Info.
Thanks Daragh

Can you let us know how you get on as my insurance expired on 26th March :-(

More
8 years 5 months ago #15600 by Daragh Boyd
Hi Ken,

I will as mine's just ran out recently. I'll chase O'Driscoll O'Neil tomorrow. I didn't contact Blue Insurance so maybe contact them. I was checking with the first lot since they insure CI.

Regards,
Daragh

More
8 years 5 months ago #15736 by Daragh Boyd
Hi,

I was in contact with O'Driscoll O'neill insurance. They definitely Do Not offer any form of racing cover for Accidental Damage.

Bicycle Insurance.ie on the other hand said they Do Not exclude (AD) of your Road Bike during racing i.e. it's not called out in their policy documentation as an exclusion, you're assumed covered. I'm only relaying what they're advising. I'd say when it comes to claiming it might be a different story. Possibly review boards.ie or forums to see what racers experiences are before committing to going with them or anyone else for that matter. They offer no form of group discount either. I was also informed that Alliance Insurance may provide some cover, which I'll be looking to contact them

Regards,
Daragh

• Eoin Gorman
8 years 4 months ago #16811 by Eoin Gorman
Replied by Eoin Gorman on topic CycleSure Racing Insurance Info.
FYI, bicycleinsurance.ie offers accidental damage toy your bike and the bike is covered if the damage occurs during racing. (I was onto them and they have received confirmation from there underwriters that accidental damage during racing is covered) I have just purchased a policy with them.

However there is one catch, they will not take on a new policy if the bike is older then 36 months at date of purchase of the policy.

More
8 years 4 months ago #16813 by Daragh Boyd
Hey Eoin,

Thanks for your update on this This wasn't mentioned to me by bicycle-insurance and seems to be their exclusion. This seems standard enough as frames and bike components wear and tear and could cause accidents. Thanks again

Regards,
Daragh

More
8 years 1 month ago #18626 by BarryR
Replied by BarryR on topic CycleSure Racing Insurance Info.
I've just received notice from Cyclesure that my policy is expiring now and they won't be offering renewal.

What alternatives have others found? My bikes are more than 36 months old so not eligible for bicycleinsurance.ie. On the other hand I'm not racing at the moment, so don't need competition cover.

Putting the bikes on the house insurance is expensive - almost not worth it. Any suggestions welcome.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds