Gran Fondo NI

More
8 years 8 months ago #13814 by Andrew Potts
Gran Fondo NI was created by Andrew Potts
The Gran Fondo event up North, to do or not to do? It looks pretty good, anybody else interested as regestration has opened.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #13816 by Louise Keane
Replied by Louise Keane on topic Gran Fondo NI
I did it last year. Closed roads for the entire event which is great! They had a few teething problems last year but I believe they have sorted them out for this year.

Defo worth doing at least once.

We stayed in the Ramada Hotel in the city center - highly recommended. No problem with bringing bikes up to the room
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Potts

• Máiréad Lyne
8 years 8 months ago #13818 by Máiréad Lyne
Replied by Máiréad Lyne on topic Gran Fondo NI
This looks like a great one to do.... I'm keen

More
8 years 8 months ago #13822 by Raechel Campbell
Replied by Raechel Campbell on topic Gran Fondo NI
I did it last year as well, I found it pretty tough going (it was my 1st big cycle and my 1st time out in cleets) But it was a beautiful route and the support along the way was unreal. Loads of houses were decorated in pink and the roads were lined with people out cheering and supporting. The officals were also great ( at one stage a PSNI officer gave me a push start on a hill!)
Great atmosphere all along the route and great that the roads were closed well worth doing!
As Louise said there were a few teething issues mainly involving food (no food along the route only gels and minimum food after). But the organisers were well aware of isdues after so Im sure they have sorted stuff out.

More
8 years 8 months ago #13848 by Donal Duffy
Replied by Donal Duffy on topic Gran Fondo NI
Have registered to do this one (first time) - looks like a great event with closed roads - there was an Orwell crew last year I believe.

More
8 years 7 months ago #14427 by Rory Rutledge
Replied by Rory Rutledge on topic Gran Fondo NI
I did the short one last year, and it was quite well run (food issues aside, which should have been resolved).

Just registered for it there, looking forward.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds