wash facilities in Dublin?

• Raffaele Bonadio
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #13678 by Raffaele Bonadio
wash facilities in Dublin? was created by Raffaele Bonadio
Hi everyone, I am new in Orwell and quite new in Dublin as well, so I need your help.
If the question has been asked already, please delete my post and link me to the answer, I am sorry.

I need (after months of cycling around Dublin, I mean it!) to wash my bike... would anyone know a place in Dublin where you can take your bike for a wash? I usually use a commercial operation for car wash, where you can wash your bike for a few euros with quite good results (I know someone could tell me that there are some troubles related to water going inside the small parts or paint coming off, but this is another aspect of the story).
I live in a very small flat and it's just not possible to wash the bike in it or outside in the street.
Is there not even a bike shop that provides washing facilities/service?

Thank you very much in advance, see you soon.

Raffaele.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #13679 by Bryan Geary
Replied by Bryan Geary on topic wash facilities in Dublin?
i've used Prestige car wash in Clonskeagh across from the Mosque. They allowed me to use their power wash for €5.

That said, I don't recommend using a power washer on a bike, it can make bits of the transfers on the frame.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raffaele Bonadio

More
8 years 8 months ago #13682 by Glen Ward
Replied by Glen Ward on topic wash facilities in Dublin?
Buy one of these www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toolzone-Indoor-Kitch...c:g:JUsAAOSwcwhVO6cF

along a garden hose out of a builders or woodies etc etc then do it yourself. Spray it with bike wash and rinse off. Power hosing can damage seals on bearings and bottom brackets in additon to the afore mentioned paint and decal removal. A tin of elbow-grease works really well on heavy mud... or so Im told...

Alternatively the petrol station between swords and the airport has (or used to have) a dogwash at it and that would also do (you can de-flea it at the same time)..I used one in Australia but had to take the wheels off to fit it in!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raffaele Bonadio

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds