Kit Nights - 8th and 9th of December

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #13367 by Michael Hanley
Kit Nights - 8th and 9th of December was created by Michael Hanley
Orwell Kit Nights: 8th and 9th December 2015
Where: Joe Daly Cycles, Dundrum
Time: 18:30 to 20:30

Summary: Try on new kit, order for the coming season and purchase kit from the club’s current stock.

Expected delivery is mid-February. However the Christmas period is extremely busy so please be aware that delays happen. If you want kit NOW, see what's available in the current stock.

A chance to order new kit for the coming season. As we are using a new supplier for 2016, this is a chance to see what the offering from Velorevolution will be like. This is also an opportunity to see what your size will be, however as we are limited with time, please don’t ask to try on each item in every size!

Sizing charts for Men and Women .

What will be available at the kit night?

The new range of Velorevolution clothing that will be used by Orwell Wheelers for the coming season. Please note, some designs like the Hydra mk 2 have not been finalised. Don’t worry though, they will be awesome!

Existing stock that is available for purchase on the night:
  • Winter kit
  • Summer kit

( click here for an updated list of what is available)

How do I order kit?

1. Show up to either night (if you could register interest on this doodle , it will let people know which times are going to be busy)
  2. Submit your order on the night (double check quantities and sizes, this is your responsibility!)
  3. Pay 50% of the balance up front (cash or cheque only - cards are not accepted!)
  4. The balance is payable when your order is ready for collection from the shop

Special Note: The new Velorevolution kit with our Scott sponsor logos will be on an order only basis for now. Kit available in the store will be the older stock until it is all sold!

I can’t make either night, help!

Don’t worry, there’s a form for that! It will be live in the next few days. You will be able to submit your order as long as you pay the 50% deposit.

In the meantime, you can email me with any queries.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Michael Hanley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, John Twomey, Denis Gleeson, Brian Mc, Fergal O'Sullivan, Louise Keane, Julian Moore, Ken O'Neill, John Anslow, Angela Halpin, Jean Wilson, Simon Kelehan, Graham Scanlon, Eugène SKIL, Darragh Connolly, Tom Crotty

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #13369 by John Twomey
Replied by John Twomey on topic Kit Nights - 8th and 9th of December
Mike, are the prices the same as the Spin11 kit or is there any variations?

More
8 years 9 months ago #13371 by Michael Hanley
Replied by Michael Hanley on topic Kit Nights - 8th and 9th of December
Hey John,

Finalising prices at the moment!

Prices are broadly inline with Spin11, some items will be cheaper and others more expensive.

It's difficult to compare directly for a few reasons, the main one being that we are now offering two levels of kit to accommodate different needs and budgets.

Two specific lines being offered for both shorts and jerseys: "Race Line" and "Gran Fondo" - Race Line is the top end VR kit and so more expensive. However the Gran Fondo kit is more affordable and a lower price than our existing kit.

However, the technologies are also different. For example, the men's winter jacket has a polyurethane coating, meaning it will perform similar to a Gore Tex fabric when exposed to water.

I will post the kit selection and pricing up shortly.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #13372 by Michael Hanley
Velorevolution kit 2015/2016

Note: Some items not listed may be made available during the year or if requested by the members, e.g. winter skinsuits.

SelectionTypeItemGenderPrice (€)
Race LineSummerSS JerseyMen75
Race LineSummerSS JerseyWomen75
Race LineSummerBib shortsMen80
Race LineSummerBib shortsWomen60
Race LineSummer/WinterLS JerseyMen70
Race LineSummer/WinterLS JerseyWomen70
Race LineWinterWinter Jacket (water repellant)Men130
Race LineWinterWinter JacketWomen105
Race LineWinterBib TightsMen75
Race LineWinterBib TightsWomen75
Race LineSummer/WinterGiletMen/Women75
Race LineSummer/WinterRain cape (Shower proof)Men/Women60
Race LineSummerSkinsuit (LS/SS)Men/Women100
Race LineSummer/WinterHydra mk2 SSMen/Women125
Race LineSummer/WinterHydra mk2 LSMen/Women140
Race LineSummer/WinterArm warmersMen/Women20
Race LineSummer/WinterLeg warmersMen/Women30
Race LineSummerSummer mittsMen/Women30
Race LineSummerTT mittsMen/Women30
Race LineSummer/WinterOvershoesMen/Women40
Gran FondoSummerSS JerseyMen/Women50
Gran FondoSummerBib shortsMen50

EDIT: There will be a cleaner version of this in the updated kit page, the table formatting in forum posting is a bit rough!

More
8 years 9 months ago #13374 by Ronan Moran
Replied by Ronan Moran on topic Kit Nights - 8th and 9th of December
Is current kit design being maintained with new supplier or is it a whole new line?

More
8 years 9 months ago #13375 by Darragh Connolly
Replied by Darragh Connolly on topic Kit Nights - 8th and 9th of December
Hi Michael,

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated! I have an order in with Dave Mc for a winter jersey and jacket. Am I better to wait for the new ones? Also, any news on the Hanley Hats?

Best,
Darragh

More
8 years 9 months ago #13376 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic Kit Nights - 8th and 9th of December

Is current kit design being maintained with new supplier or is it a whole new line?

The design is remaining the same with the exception of the new sponsor's logos (Scott), and some minor cosmetic details.

There isn't any particular timeline at the moment on when the kit will next be redesigned, but the new sponsorship deal is for three years, so the earliest you are likely to hear of the next redesign will be the end of 2018.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronan Moran

More
8 years 9 months ago #13377 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic Kit Nights - 8th and 9th of December

Hi Michael,

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated! I have an order in with Dave Mc for a winter jersey and jacket. Am I better to wait for the new ones? Also, any news on the Hanley Hats?

Best,
Darragh

Either will be fine- the quality and price of both new and old will be broadly comparable, but if you go for the current kit you can take it away right now, whereas if you order the new kit next week you'll have to wait for it until next spring.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darragh Connolly

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #13378 by Eugène SKIL
Replied by Eugène SKIL on topic Kit Nights - 8th and 9th of December
These images were posted up on facebook of the Velorevolutions version of the kit

the winter thermal one has a reflective strip at the back... I think one or two of the other items also have that effect but all will be revealed on the night I guess!!

Id say the long sleeved race-cut aero/race jersey will look great and be a fine spring jersey

and the race cut short sleeved will be what you want- even if you do sportives like me, you still don't bother with that gran fondo stuff!!
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Eugène SKIL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronan Moran

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #13379 by Michael Hanley
I was hoping hats would be here in time for the kit night, but it may be a bit later. Stay tuned for more.

There will be some samples of our kit produced by Velorevolution in store next week.

As Dave said, the design won't change. Given you won't get any new kit until mid Feb, I'd be inclined to take what you can get now...it's winter kit after all!

I'm in the process of updating the kit page, but as Eugene has beaten me to the punch, here is a gallery of some of the kit. I'll take some proper photos of the items in our club colours when it arrives. I'll model everything of course. Even the women's kit.

Velorevolution Kit Sample Gallery
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg Farrell, Eugène SKIL

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #13402 by Michael Hanley
Thanks to everyone for filling out the Doodle. It makes it a lot easier to forecast demand, we only have so many volunteers to provide advice and limited changing room space.

If you're still on the fence about what day to come on, Tuesday is a LOT more popular at the moment, so I'd advise coming Wednesday if you can.

More
8 years 9 months ago #13417 by Michael Hanley
Thanks to everyone who came out tonight.

Still getting an idea of what kit people are after. There are minimum order requirements: 10 items of each item code. If we don't meet the minimum, the order will either have to be cancelled and your deposit refunded, or we can juggle items (e.g. if an item is offered in both SS and LS)

File Attachment:

File Name: OrwellKitO...orm1.pdf
File Size:45 KB

Please find attached the order form. RED means that this item didn't get any orders tonight, so it won't be offered on Wed night either!

If you can't make it tomorrow night:

1) Download the form and fill it out
2) Drop the form into the shop by Friday 11th Dec
3) Bring the 50% deposit (cash/cheque only!) as well
4) Email me with your order so I have a record

Special thanks to Dave Tansey and Dave Mc for their patience and support - it's hard to beat Joe Daly Cycles as a venue. Lots of interest not just in the kit but in the fantastic offer to Orwell members on Scott bicycles.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Declan Quigley, Darragh Connolly

More
8 years 9 months ago #13419 by Donal Duffy
Replied by Donal Duffy on topic Kit Nights - 8th and 9th of December
Attended the kit night last night - very useful especially if you are doubtful on exact sizes - the guys were very helpful and informative - looking forward to the new bib tights in new year. Donal

More
8 years 9 months ago #13420 by Diarmuid Collins
Replied by Diarmuid Collins on topic Kit Nights - 8th and 9th of December
How does the sizing compare to the Spin11 stuff?

I was M on the shorts and S on the jerseys and I was wondering if I need to bother trying the stuff on?

More
8 years 9 months ago #13421 by Michael Hanley
How do you find the skinsuit sizing? That is sized on shorts, so if yours is an S then you would be S in VR shorts.

Might be worth popping in if you are in doubt!

More
8 years 9 months ago #13422 by Michael Hanley
Thanks Donal!

You were the only person who ordered bib tights, so it will depend on meeting the minimum order as to whether or not that goes ahead. If not, your deposit can be placed against your remaining order (or refunded if needed).

Hold fast though, there are a few more people interested in them so will keep you updated!

• David Sheedy
8 years 9 months ago #13423 by David Sheedy
Replied by David Sheedy on topic Kit Nights - 8th and 9th of December
Apologies, I had indicated my intention to go up last night, I got stuck in work so didn't make it.

David

More
8 years 9 months ago #13424 by Graham Scanlon
Replied by Graham Scanlon on topic Kit Nights - 8th and 9th of December
Big thank you to Michael for organising these two nights for members. Easy to see a lot of work/man hrs goes into organising club kit. Fair play Michael.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Hanley

More
8 years 9 months ago #13425 by Barry Mooney
Replied by Barry Mooney on topic Kit Nights - 8th and 9th of December
Apologies Mike, I was down to go tonight but something came up.

More
8 years 9 months ago #13427 by Brian Ahern
Replied by Brian Ahern on topic Kit Nights - 8th and 9th of December
Just to echo the other guys and say a massive thanks to Michael for organising this and to joe Dalys for facilitating.
I went out with the intention of just buying shorts and maybe a long sleeve jersey but then I tried on the short sleeve jersey too. It's definitely the most comfortable and best quality kit I have ever worn so I bought loads! Oops.
Well done Aidan Crowley!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Hanley

Time to create page: 1.488 seconds