Orwell Shorts

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #11953 by Stephen Ryan
Orwell Shorts was created by Stephen Ryan
We took delivery of shorts today and there is a reasonable range in sizes of Male and Female shorts in stock. See www.orwellwheelers.org/membership-2/club-kit for stock levels.

The latest update I have on the winter kit - and the few s/s jerseys that were ordered- is that delivery will be mid-September
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Stephen Ryan.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #11954 by Ken O'Neill
Replied by Ken O'Neill on topic Orwell Shorts
Hi Stephen

Did you ever speak to the supplier about some of the quality issues raised around the Verge Shorts in particular the shoulder straps continuously sliding off your shoulders?

More
9 years 1 month ago #11957 by Stephen Ryan
Replied by Stephen Ryan on topic Orwell Shorts
Hi Ken,

I didn't talk to anyone about the straps as no-one told me about it.

Seeing as you raised it here I went looking back through the threads and I see Eugene " Free Muriel Now"" Dillon had a thread going but I hadn't read it.

Best way for anyone who is having a problem with kit of any description is to email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will see what can be done.

Is the problem that the straps have too much give in them or are too long relative to body size/shape?

Thanks

Stephen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eugène SKIL

More
9 years 1 month ago #11960 by Eugène SKIL
Replied by Eugène SKIL on topic Orwell Shorts
Hi Stephen

I thought you had read that thread I made about the shorts. thats a shame

More
9 years 1 month ago #11964 by Michael Hanley
Replied by Michael Hanley on topic Orwell Shorts

Is the problem that the straps have too much give in them or are too long relative to body size/shape?

The straps are just poor quality. They are too long and lack the necessary tension. This means that when riding they fall over the shoulders, and the shorts tend to sag around the hips because they are not being pulled taut by the straps over the body.

Loose shorts are obviously bad because they don't hug the body as they are meant to and they can't give decent support.

For the price of the shorts, I think the quality falls short. I own shorts from a few different brands, all the way from Assos to DHB and Verge would sit right at the bottom. Which is ironic, as it's what they are currently failing to do.

I have a friend who works for Nypro and he sorted their company kit through Velorevolutions and he has nothing but positive praise for them.

More
9 years 1 month ago #11969 by Shane Phelan
Replied by Shane Phelan on topic Orwell Shorts
We got our work kit from Velorevolution too and I can vouch for their shorts. They're excellent quality

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds