Orwell Tour de France Fantasy Championship 2015

More
9 years 2 months ago #11287 by Garret Connolly
Orwell Tour de France Fantasy Championship 2015 was created by Garret Connolly
Hi All

so for many it's the Ras, The Nationals, the W200,the Gorey 3 Day, the ROK, TKAS, the Club League, the 12 Peaks....however for anyone that's in the know the most important race of the year is in fact the Orwell Tour de France Fantasy Championship! This will be the 3rd year we've done it for the sake of the competition we need a new winner....

For anyone interested in joining I've set up a League on the same site as last year
fantasy.road.cc/
Code to enter the Orwell League

Very straight forward rules, pick you team, change daily when necessary and get as many points as possible.

My shop Baggot Street Wines will again sponsor a prize of a Knappogue Castle 12 year old Single Malt Whiskey for the winner.

Best of luck to all who enter....it's like the real thing only much more important....

Garret
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc, Bryan Geary

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #11331 by Stephen O'Shea
Replied by Stephen O'Shea on topic Orwell Tour de France Fantasy Championship 2015
Great way to keep up-to-date on every stage. Well done Garret.

More
9 years 2 months ago #11334 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Orwell Tour de France Fantasy Championship 2015
and it's a bit of craic too!
For anyone who hasn't done it before the very short version of the rules are pick a 9 man team with a budget of 170million(each cyclist has a value determined by his likely points ability) and then you have 45 transfers allowed across the 21 stages to get as many points as possible..you'll have to change your team as the tour goes on to suit the particular stage the following day ie time trial, flat/sprint, cobbles, hills, mountains etc etc
You'll never be so interested as who finishes 14th on stage in a sprint.....
And don't worry if you think you'll finish last as Dave Hendron almost always takes that honour....
.winner wins a bottle of 12 year single malt whiskey...easy peasey
Competition closes Saturday morning so pick you team now!
It really is more important that the real thing!
garret

More
9 years 2 months ago #11338 by Brian Mc
Whiskey whiskey whiskey...

I presume it's "TOUR DE FRANCE - STANDARD" that we're doing?

More
9 years 2 months ago #11390 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Orwell Tour de France Fantasy Championship 2015
yep standard tour de france version.

Last call for entries...13 in so far so biggest field to date on any fantasy Orwell game...It's probably the only time all year we get a chance to beat Brian Mc so come one come all....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc, Warren Cray

More
9 years 2 months ago #11394 by Warren Cray
Replied by Warren Cray on topic Orwell Tour de France Fantasy Championship 2015
'Rookie in the Small Ring' ready to take Dave Hendrons title!!

More
9 years 2 months ago #11395 by Garret Connolly
good man Warren...16 entered in now...gonna be epic...now to pick a team full of climbers for tomorrow:-))

More
9 years 2 months ago #11405 by Garret Connolly
21 entrants officially making it the biggest Orwell fantasy competition ever.
The winners of the last 2 tours, the last vuelta and giro competitions are all there so let the battle commence.
Very very last call for entrants. Deadline is 1pm today. Get your team picked and join the Orwell train....
Brian mc is apparently eying up whiskey glasses already in brown thomas

More
9 years 2 months ago #11551 by Louise Keane
Replied by Louise Keane on topic Orwell Tour de France Fantasy Championship 2015
I took a chance on Sam Bennett for the first 6 stages, gave the guy every chance to settle in. But last night I reluctantly had to cut him loose - can't be carrying dead weight!

What does he bloody well go and do today!!!!

Sums up my managerial style;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Kerr

More
9 years 2 months ago #11559 by Garret Connolly
there must be a rule in the www.velominati.com/the-rules/ for treachery of your fellow Irish no?
Bring him back in for stage 21 for the sprint to Paris...sure that's the only that counts for Sam!

More
9 years 2 months ago #11575 by Stephen O'Shea
Replied by Stephen O'Shea on topic Orwell Tour de France Fantasy Championship 2015
This game ....you cant play from your heart. Next week
Sam has only a few chances left to rip it up... but if he finishes the Tour that will be some achievement ( Stage 13 15 16. fingers crossed )... Nicholas is a team captain for Sky and will not be given an opportunity to win. ( unless he attacks Froome !!! Gift stage ! ) Lastly Dan could win one of a number of stages next week. but he will need to target them. ( stage 10 or stage 14)
Can we have some more Irish predictions .......or trash my view.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise Keane, Eugène SKIL

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #11577 by Eugène SKIL
Replied by Eugène SKIL on topic Orwell Tour de France Fantasy Championship 2015
I'd love to see Dan taking two stage wins like a clinical breakaway expert... but we'll see! wonder how the harmony is chez cannondale

ya I think youre right SOS about the Irish lads!

Did anyone predict that French lad on the Muur de Bretagne for anything... all year?

oh ya finally I translate Koen de Kort's website (better catch up later on for weekend) and I'm eagerly watching Koen's positioning and lead outs for Degenkolb. Has anyone Degenkolb on their team? he can do it - Koen's lead outs getting better over the three weeks. you never know with the perfect lead out on the champs it could be Degenkolb (Sam should watch the Giant train)
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Eugène SKIL.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #11588 by Brian Mc
A quick look at the top ten on the first rest day - Jules De Meester is sitting atop the podium, as he has been since the beginning of the competition. Indeed, he is also dominating the overall Irish competition.

Ado F and Steve OS round out the podium, with Luke GJP and Gar finishing the top 5:
1	Chasse Patate    Zjuul23		1454	
2	Panyaguaywhisky    Ado F		1345	
3	Irish Corner    IrishCornersteve	1279	
4	Any Porte in the Storm    lukegjpotter	1218	
5	Team Bonkers    Garret Connolly		1181	
6	JellyBellyLegs    vandersons		1158	
7	No Sponsor Needed    Darragh Connolly	1131	
8	Knappogue Knights    brianmca		1103	
9	Lanternerouge    donalryan		1085	
10	Rookie in a Small Ring!    warrencray	1063	

Here come the mountains!
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Brian Mc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jules De Meester, Warren Cray

More
9 years 1 month ago #11685 by Brian Mc
On the second rest day, the top ten contains the same teams, but the order has changed slightly. Ado and Steve are still duking it out on the bottom steps of the podium (they've swapped spots a few times), but at the top, Jules continues his stranglehold on the prime position!
1	Chasse Patate    Zjuul23		2119	
2	Panyaguaywhisky    Ado F		1960	
3	Irish Corner    IrishCornersteve	1930	
4	Knappogue Knights    brianmca		1834	
5	Lanternerouge    donalryan		1741	
6	Team Bonkers    Garret Connolly		1735	
7	No Sponsor Needed    Darragh Connolly	1717	
8	Any Porte in the Storm    lukegjpotter	1702	
9	JellyBellyLegs    vandersons		1629	
10	Rookie in a Small Ring!    warrencray	1554	

More
9 years 1 month ago #11779 by Brian Mc
No surprise to see Jules De Meester take the final yellow jersey in Paris. Much like Froome, he established an early lead, and then never relinquished it. While those on the podium and in the top 5 scrapped for the minor places, Jules was unwavering, and also finished second overall in Ireland. Chapeau!
1	Chasse Patate    Zjuul23		2695	
2	Panyaguaywhisky    Ado F		2434	
3	No Sponsor Needed    Darragh Connolly	2374	
4	Irish Corner    IrishCornersteve	2357	
5	JellyBellyLegs    vandersons		2305	
6	Team Bonkers    Garret Connolly		2294	
7	Knappogue Knights    brianmca		2284	
8	Lanternerouge    donalryan		2192	
9	Pedal Pounders    Diarmuid J		2091	
10	Any Porte in the Storm    lukegjpotter	2043	
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jules De Meester, Darragh Connolly

More
9 years 1 month ago #11781 by Darragh Connolly
Replied by Darragh Connolly on topic Orwell Tour de France Fantasy Championship 2015
Thanks for the updates Brian! Gar must have been tired after last year

More
9 years 1 month ago #11786 by Garret Connolly
Congrats to Jules on the win and to Adrian and Darragh on getting on the podium...even like Alberto I too can get fatigued and found the 3 in a row a step too far! Watch out Vuelta 15 is coming...
I'll get you the bottle of whiskey Jules at the prize giving
garret
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jules De Meester, Darragh Connolly

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds