Random Technical Strava Tips

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #8917 by Jules De Meester
Random Technical Strava Tips was created by Jules De Meester
I thought it would be nice to give some tips on the use of Strava.

1. On a day like today elevation is all over the place with garmins etc. What you can do is press the little question mark between brackets under elevation:

2. When you go out on the spin and you plan to follow the route, you can download it from Strava. go to the route, and press the export button. IF you have maps on your garmin go for the GPX if not you can get direction via TCX

Then connect your Garmin and put it in the "New Files" folder

3. This one is a bit more advanced if anybody has a Tacx and TTS4 but if you like myself don't want to spend extra on advanced (I'm Dutch, married to a Cavan woman what do you expect..).

You can copy your workout to excel. I have a file that transforms this into a gpx file that you can upload to Strava. Let me know if you are interested and I'll send in on.
Example: www.strava.com/activities/257385151

Hope this is of any use.

Cheers,
Jules
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Jules De Meester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Kehoe, Stephen Ryan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #8926 by John Kehoe
Replied by John Kehoe on topic Random Technical Strava Tips
Thanks Jules.

Strava Plus is worth a look for some fun new functionality (and it's free:)).

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/strava...klkbljcgicpckn?hl=en
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jules De Meester, Rafael Oshiro

More
9 years 6 months ago #8946 by Glen Ward
Replied by Glen Ward on topic Random Technical Strava Tips
Strava v Map My Ride

Ok so I use both because Map My Ride gives different performance readouts.

Relative to last Sunday- MMR will show a km by km breakdown with the average speed, gradient and time taken to cover each Km.

It will also automatically compare your segment times on a ride you have selected, against your best time on that segment giving you the time difference. I think Strava may have a similar feature but its not as well presented or as easy to use.

I was in Orange so it was interesting to see where we were slower than our predicted average speed. It was then possible to look at the gradient to determine if this was a factor (without allowance for headwinds) and then also compare the sectors to previous runs along the same route ( of which there have been many this rear)

It would also be interesting if we could compare the MMR speeds of someone from each group on each Km of the course particularly on the 'out' part of the cycle where the routes where the same I think. It may be possible to copy and paste the data from MMR into a speadsheet so if there are any other MMR users out there who have data they want to share then we could investigate a way to to it?

See attachments for a less complicated explanation!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds