Orange group 26th Oct

More
9 years 10 months ago #8208 by BarryR
Orange group 26th Oct was created by BarryR
A very large number of riders went from the Park this moring - I estimated about 40 in total. About 25 came from Dundrum in a single group. After the red group left, a "fizzy orange" group of 10 was led off by Arthur. We did more or less the recommended route, but with a number of Arthur's interesting side trips thrown in to keep us out of the wind as much as possible. Total distance was around 90k. Average speed was about 27k, with extended periods of 30k or so (mostly with the wind behind us). One puncture, which was an opportunity for Dermot to demonstrate how real men (and women) change a tube (apparently use of tyre levers is a sign of weakness and real men don't even carry them).

Thanks to all for the support and patience with my lack of fitness.

It was suggested that the categories of Orange be subdivided into fizzy orange, club orange and miwadi orange (that's one that claims to be orange but isn't quite the same).

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronan Foley, Stephen Ryan, Jules De Meester

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #8209 by Billy Parker
Replied by Billy Parker on topic Orange group 26th Oct
We left joes this morning under the direction of Jules and Rodney roughly 25 in number and headed for the Park.

We were 14 miwadi oranges, who seemingly intersected the official route at various stages with a quality coffee stop in Kilcock. Total distance from Joes and back was 100k and averaged 26.8kph back to the Park.

Great spin with a nice gang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Ryan, Jules De Meester

More
9 years 10 months ago #8213 by Ronan Gill
Replied by Ronan Gill on topic Orange group 26th Oct
very enjoyable spin - decent roads selected by the connoisseur of roads to keep us protected from the skin ageing properties of the wind , thanks a lot Arthur
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronan Foley

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds