Volunteers for Randonnee

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #5935 by Stephen Ryan
Volunteers for Randonnee was created by Stephen Ryan
It's that time of year again when the call goes out for volunteers for the Randonnee which this year is on Saturday May 3rd. Drawn primarily from the Leisure cyclist group this is a great opportunity to give some time to your club. And it's much easier than cycling it.

Working in ½ day shifts we require 60 volunteer spots to be filled. If someone opts for the full day , well that is two spots filled. There are well over 300 club members, and allowing that 100-150 are marshalling in the club league that still leaves us with 175-225 potential volunteers. You’d hope that getting 60 wouldn’t be too much trouble. Ideally anybody who marshalled last year should be free to cycle it if they wish this year. That will obviously require others to step up and volunteer.

Please e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to put your name forward and indicate whether you would like a morning (c.8 -12) or afternoon shift (c. 12-5.30) or both. We'll try and accommodate everyone's wishes and if doing both, get you finished as early as possible.

Further details are in last nights Leisure e-mail
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Stephen Ryan.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #5960 by Stephen Ryan
Replied by Stephen Ryan on topic Volunteers for Randonnee
A list of the volunteer positions available as of 19 March and the marshalls is at
www.orwellwheelers.org/images/docs/2014/...lListingwebsite.xlsx

If a number is green it means it has been filled.

I can't guarantee that this will always be up to date but I will try and do it at least once a week.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #5966 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Replied by Fergal O'Sullivan on topic Volunteers for Randonnee
Folks

I would just like to echo what Stephen is saying about the volunteers for the Randonnee. Over the last number of years the comments that we have got back from people who completed the Randonnee can be summed up by the following - The Route, The Carrot Cake and the level of Marshalling that we have on the event.

We have the route organised - the carrot cake is ordered which leaves us with the level of marshalling - so if you are prepared to help your club out on the day drop Stephen a mail with your availability.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Fergal O'Sullivan.

More
10 years 5 months ago #5997 by Stephen Ryan
Still plenty of slots available . We do need people to step up here to make the event a success and one the club can be proud of.

Worksheet referenced above has been updated

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #6149 by Stephen Ryan
Thanks for the volunteers who have stepped up so far , We still have a need for a few more particularly in the afternoon.

The spreadsheet is updated. www.orwellwheelers.org/images/docs/2014/...lListingwebsite.xlsx Thanks Alex Fraser for reading last week and noticing I had left you off in error.

I have noted on the spreadsheet where someone has volunteered to drive. There are 7 cars so far. We could probably do with another 4 or 5.

Please contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you would like to volunteer - we do need you.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Stephen Ryan.

More
10 years 5 months ago #6250 by Stephen Ryan
Updated as of 15/4 -

If you volunteered and do not receive a mail from me in the next 15 minutes can you check the spreadsheet to make sure that I didn't make a mistake and that I have your name on it.

We are almost full but could use 3 more marshals in the afternoon between 1.30 and 4 to warn the riders as they plummet down from Aurora to Powerscourt.

Please contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're willing to help out for 2 and one half hours.

Thanks,

Stephen

More
10 years 4 months ago #6480 by Stephen Ryan
As Life gets in the way of Cycling there is a small amount of flux among our volunteers ;

If you are free in the morning or afternoon we have a few spaces to fill - please let me know if you can help out.

Thanks,

Stephen

More
10 years 4 months ago #6489 by Brian Ahern
Replied by Brian Ahern on topic Volunteers for Randonnee
Unfortunately I'm away for the weekend but I'd just like to wish you all the best of luck running this top class event.

A colleague of mine was wondering if there would be some place at the finish to park his bike for a while to go for a run? I know....I know....but is there a hall or some place (relatively safe but obviously at his down risk) to leave a bike for a little while?

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #6494 by Stephen Ryan
Thanks Brian - I have dropped you a mail on the finishing line arrangements - let me know if you don't get it
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Stephen Ryan.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds