Bug list

More
10 years 5 months ago #6164 by Diarmuid Collins
Replied by Diarmuid Collins on topic Bug list
I'm getting a lot of "invalid Token" responses when logging in. Chrome on windows at the moment. Anyone else getting this or is it just me? Maybe nuking my cookies might sort it out.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #6165 by Administrator
Replied by Administrator on topic Bug list
I've been meaning to have another look at this. I think I have a way of fixing it but I'm going to need a moment when no one is logged in. I'll post again once I've made the changes and we'll see if the error continues to occur. In the meantime, clearing the cache does seem to work (at least in the short term) for a Invalid Token message that won't otherwise go away.

• Ken McCullagh
10 years 5 months ago #6258 by Ken McCullagh
Replied by Ken McCullagh on topic Bug list
Just had this again:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

First time in a few weeks.
Haven't been to the forum probably since monday. Firefox on windoze for me I'm afraid :(

More
10 years 5 months ago #6259 by Stephen Ryan
Replied by Stephen Ryan on topic Bug list
Me too - also on Firefox

More
10 years 5 months ago #6261 by Administrator
dammit. i tried reinstalling Joomla last night to see if it would help the login invalid token problem and I've clearly overwritten the bug fix that I'd done earlier. Hang on, I'll go find out what that was again and reapply the fix. The login thing is a known Joomla issue but doesn't happen on all set ups. It's something in the way our system is configured that's messing things up. I just can't figure out what it is yet.

More
10 years 5 months ago #6262 by Administrator
I've re-applied the bug fix for the open_basedir error so that shouldn't appear again...but let me know if it does. Still banging my head about the invalid token thing.

More
10 years 5 months ago #6272 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic Bug list
Just a note that you may notice some changes to the website while I try make things a bit more uniform.

Don't panic.

More
10 years 5 months ago #6273 by Brian Mc
You'll have noticed the login panel has moved to the right of the forum discussions, along with the panels that appear throughout the main site. The general info, calendar and sponsors will now be visible throughout the site, with any panels unique to a particular section appearing above them.

I've also added a drop down menu under Racing for the various categories, and there's a work-in-progress league guide in there. There's also a link to the Randonnée page under Leisure - just hover over the menu with your mouse cursor to get the drop-down.

More
10 years 4 months ago #6431 by Dick O'Brien
Replied by Dick O'Brien on topic Bug list
The "invalid token" bug has started happening again, i.e. I log in, it appears that I amn't and when I got to log in again, I get the "invalid token" message.

No forum login? Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Don't want to miss any forum posts? How to set up email notifications
Subscribe to the calendar: Hit "+" button at bottom of widget

More
10 years 4 months ago #6434 by Administrator
I haven't yet been able to figure this one out. I had the hosting company upgrade our PHP version to the 'recommended' version for the Joomla we're running in case the earlier version was causing any issues. It hasn't helped. I've just now tried login/logout redirect pages to try to circumvent any caching of the login form. That's not working either. I'm going to try a 3rd party login module plugin to see if it makes a difference. The forum has its own login module, but it suffers from the same issue as the built-in Joomla one. I'll keep looking for a solution.

So, just to remind people, if you log in using your login details but it looks like nothing has happened, you are actually logged in. Just browse to a different forum page and the login box should refresh to reflect that you are logged in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc, Dick O'Brien

More
9 years 11 months ago #8123 by Brian Mc

Just a note that you may notice some changes to the website while I try make things a bit more uniform.

Don't panic.

I've been doing some tinkering again today, ahead of a restructuring I have planned for the site. It all looks okay to me, but if you come across a 404 or anything unusual, please let me know.

More
9 years 11 months ago #8127 by Brian Mc
Testing of auto-embed of youTube videos...

More
9 years 11 months ago #8128 by Brian Mc

I've been doing some tinkering again today, ahead of a restructuring I have planned for the site. It all looks okay to me, but if you come across a 404 or anything unusual, please let me know.

So I did a major part of the restructure work last night, to make certain parts of the site more accessible and highlight them. Everything should still exist, but again, if you notice any unusual/bad behaviour, let me know.

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds