Paying membership by transfer?

• Fergal Daly
  • Topic Author
11 years 8 months ago #4292 by Fergal Daly
Paying membership by transfer? was created by Fergal Daly
I'll cut to the chase - making it to Joe Daly's on some random Monday night usually isn't feasible for me and bank drafts are annoying and archaic.

Is there any facility to pay in membership fees by bank transfer? Online payment would be the ideal, but that costs money, whereas bank transfer doesn't :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #4293 by Paraic Morrissey
Replied by Paraic Morrissey on topic Paying membership by transfer?
Hi Fergal ,
We are looking at new ways to pay for next year . Nothing decided yet , but everyone will be informed of whatever is implemented .
In the meantime , you can pay by cheque for 2013 to my address which is 5 Richmond Crescnt , Summerhill , Dublin 1.

Thanks ,

Paraic .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fergal Daly

• Fergal Daly
  • Topic Author
11 years 8 months ago #4296 by Fergal Daly
Replied by Fergal Daly on topic Paying membership by transfer?
If anyone else was curious on this topic, don't waste your time going into Bank of Ireland for a draft as they no longer issue drafts less than €500 under any circumstances.

More
11 years 8 months ago #4298 by Paraic Morrissey
Fergal ,

Some people have paid by draft this year . Right now I can't remember what bank they used , but I'll check when I go home and let you know .

It's a tab absurd that they won't help you . This is the bank what tells us in their ads that they know how hard times have been lately but now they want to do business . Ha ha yadda yadda . ( Respect to any club members employed there ! )

Another payment option , if you'd like , is next time you're meeting at shop for a club run , you can stick an envelope for my attention in the JD letter box .

• Fergal Daly
  • Topic Author
11 years 8 months ago #4299 by Fergal Daly
I'll probably just run over to the nearest UB or AIB during the week, but if I don't make it then I'll take up your offer, thanks.

More
11 years 8 months ago #4302 by Siobhan O'Connor
Replied by Siobhan O'Connor on topic Paying membership by transfer?
Post Office money order works too*, and they're open Saturdays :) The fee is <EUR2 IIRC

- Siobhan

(*would prefer PayPal/bank xfer though)

More
11 years 8 months ago #4303 by Paraic Morrissey
Fergal ,

Post Office money order , as suggested by Siobhan , is what was used .

• Noel Browne
11 years 8 months ago #4323 by Noel Browne
Replied by Noel Browne on topic Paying membership by transfer?
Guys,

I am ex treasurer of the Orwell and I work in the payments area - a handy mix!

I know exactly what you are talking about re: cheque payments and postal orders and the need to break into the 21st century.

I know of a few solutions that would suit a club of our size - I will research and get back to you Paraic.

Obviously anything like this would need club approval because we will incur a cost. Also, we would likely have to integrate the website with a payments solution so there would be development time also.

Any comments or suggestions please let me know - but you can take it for granted that any solution would have Paypal (or equivalent) involved.

Cheers

Noel

More
11 years 8 months ago #4324 by John Twomey
Replied by John Twomey on topic Paying membership by transfer?
Folks, just to be aware that Cycling Ireland are planning on introducing an online payment system later this year which should allow for this very problem.

• Noel Browne
11 years 8 months ago #4328 by Noel Browne
Replied by Noel Browne on topic Paying membership by transfer?
Thanks for the heads up John. However, do you know if this is a payment system simply for CI fees with CI members? Or will be able to integrate to all clubs in the country to allow them to make payments? (That sounds like a big job).

If it is the former, then I dont see the great benefit to Orwell members, seeing as we allow for members to pay the Orwell thier CI fees and Orwell pass a bulk transfer to CI.

In any case, one to look at...

Thx.

• Fergal Daly
  • Topic Author
11 years 8 months ago #4329 by Fergal Daly
You can already pay your CI fees online, so I presume John is talking about a central system where you can pay clubs subs on top of your CI licence.

Does sound like a lot of work, but would be a great service especially for smaller clubs who can barely justify the cost of a website.

More
11 years 8 months ago #4330 by Paraic Morrissey
Guys ,

Mu guess would be that CI will only accept CI fees online . They'll leave clubs to sort own internal finances . I'll see if I can get any info from them ....

Paraic.

More
11 years 8 months ago #4333 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic Paying membership by transfer?
The Cycling Ireland system will take club subs, league fees et cetera, for all clubs countrywide. The idea is that members can pay their entire dues (licence, subs, league fees) in one online payment, and then CI will return what is due to the club in a lump sum cheque or bank transfer.

Yes it is a big job, as it has to take into account different rates of fees between clubs and even within clubs. It was due to be up and running before the start of this year, but at the moment is due sometime soon...

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds