A Thank you!

More
12 years 1 month ago #3913 by Aideen Collard
A Thank you! was created by Aideen Collard
Sent by e-mail:

Dear Aideen,

I am writing to you in the hope that you might pass on my appreciation and gratitude to one of your members, who came to my aid after a bad fall from my bike on the road between Johnny Fox's and Stepaside. I was in Dublin on holiday from France and had cycled out to Lough Bray and Glencree last Saturday, the 28th of July. We came back via Johnny Fox's and were descending into Stepaside when a heavy shower struck. I had been separated from my friends as they had proper racers while I had a heavy frame city bike.

Anyway, while going round a bend at what was probably excessive speed, I slipped and fell hard on my left side. I was quite stunned and disorientated and, despite a number of cars stopping , no-one got out to help me. Fortunately for me, one of your members came around the corner shortly after the fall and immediately helped me to my feet. She checked me for serious injuries, fixed the brakes on my bike, refilled my water bottle, gave me ointment for the bruise, adjusted my helmet; in short, she got me back to a place where I was able to look after myself. She waited with me until my two mates rejoined me, and was reluctant to leave until she was sure that I was OK. She gave her name as Ruth, but I didn't get her last name. If, by any chance, you know who I am talking about, please pass on my sincerest gratitude. I was able to get a taxi in Stepaside and was seen by a doctor the next day. I am still a bit sore and bruised but thankfully nothing was broken.

Yours faithfully,

S O'M

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Ahern, Diarmuid Collins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #3914 by Aideen Collard
Replied by Aideen Collard on topic A Thank you!
Fair play Ruth for coming to this lady's aid!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds