New club gear - thoughts so far?

More
12 years 2 months ago #3746 by John Twomey
New club gear - thoughts so far? was created by John Twomey
Hi all,
I'm interested in hearing what people think of the new club gear that we've introduced over the last few weeks particularly in the Race line that we are currently using.

1. Jerseys : are people happy with the material? Do they wash well? Are they keeping their shape?
2. Shorts : is the chamois good? Same questions are above.

I'm hoping to begin taking an order for the winter gear around August to ensure that we are all sorted for the beginning October. Details to follow.

I've also placed an order for additional shorts and jerseys (Race line only) which should be due in at the start of July. Again details to follow.

Thanks
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sandra Telford

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3748 by Sandra Telford
Replied by Sandra Telford on topic Re: New club gear - thoughts so far?
John, I think the new race line stuff is great. I love it - good fit, looks well and it seems to be wearing well so far. Great work and thanks.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3751 by John Latham
Replied by John Latham on topic Re: New club gear - thoughts so far?
Since you asked :-) ....

I have the Race and Elite (?) shorts and the Race jersey, the summer mitts and both types of overshoe.

The Elite shorts fit me better than the Race ones, I find the bottom gripper on the Race shorts a bit flappy, so I have to pull them up to get them snug. I should probably just develop some quads.

The Race jersey is nice but cut a bit short at the front - the mesh from the shorts is visible when I'm standing up. That's on the size small, and I'm 6ft with a long torso. The size medium was too wide for my scrawny body.

Summary: the Race stuff is designed for heavy people. I think the Race stuff should be narrower fit and the heavy people should be forced to wear the Elite stuff until they've developed a proper eating disorder.

The winter overshoes are inadequate even for wet summer use, and the summer overshoes are only good for TTs - very thin and fragile.

The mitts are too long around the wrist - the velcro strap sticks out.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3753 by Gavin Dodd
Replied by Gavin Dodd on topic Re: New club gear - thoughts so far?
Hi John,

I have the new Race line shorts and S/S jersey. For me, it's a big improvement on the previous kit. The shorts chamois is much better and the fit is much tighter - I found the old ones pretty flappy. The jersey is tighter too, which is good. I agree with John, the jerseys are a bit short - I had to go one size up so as not to be too short - but only a very minor issue.

So far so good as regards durability. Both shorts and jersey, being finer and lighter, give the impression of being more likely to stretch or even tear - but no issues yet.

And overall it looks much sharper with the grayed sections in the shorts and the sleeve and leg details.

Thanks for organising it all,

Gavin

More
12 years 2 months ago #3759 by Diarmuid Collins
Replied by Diarmuid Collins on topic Re: New club gear - thoughts so far?
I find the race kit fits me very well, small for the jersey and medium for the bib shorts

YOU CALLIN' ME FAT!?

The only other piece of kit I got was the gillet which does the job and looks well.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3761 by John Latham
Replied by John Latham on topic Re: New club gear - thoughts so far?
Relax Diarmo, you're just big boned.

I also have the gilet and it's fantastic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diarmuid Collins

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3769 by Brian Ahern
Replied by Brian Ahern on topic Re: New club gear - thoughts so far?
I like the jerseys. They’re very fast! The material isn’t really well suited to stupid shoulder numbers and mine is a little frayed, but I blame the numbers rather than the jersey. I don’t know what John is complaining about the jersey being too short at the front. When you’re sitting on the bike you don’t notice it. He probably just spends too much time posing around coffee shops. I wouldn't be going changing anything with it. Seems to be washing well so far too.

I had bought a pair of large pair of racing shorts but they were too tight on me so I gave them away. I’d be a large in the normal shorts but just found the racing ones too tight so i'll be looking for an XL pair in the next order. I don’t think i’ve ever been an XL in any piece of clothing – ever. I must be getting fat.

I also got a pair of light overshoes and probably shouldn’t have bothered because i have hardly worn them. They’re only really suited to TT’s and I agree with John they’re too light and flimsy. Too expensive at about 30 euro in my opinion.

I got a paiir of mitts and they’re grand.

I had also ordered (and paid for) a skinsuit that didn’t arrive because not enough were ordered.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Brian Ahern.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3770 by John Twomey
Replied by John Twomey on topic Re: New club gear - thoughts so far?
Thanks for the responses so far folks.

My main concern with the shorts is one thing that John mentioned earlier : the gripper on the end of the shorts is beginning to lose it's elasticity.

I've contacted Spin11 and they've not had any other reports of such problems so I'd appreciate if anyone else has shorts that are having this issue can let me know.

If we get enough, I'll organise a collection and get these replaced.

Brian : regarding your skinsuit, I've got this coming in as part of the July order so hopefully I got the correct size. Think you were RAS'ing that week so didn't get a chance to contact you.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by John Twomey.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3826 by Julian Moore
Replied by Julian Moore on topic Re: New club gear - thoughts so far?
Hey John, not sure if all the July order is fully spoken for. If not am interested in medium race top. Could you hold one for me. Thanks, Julian.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3827 by Donnacha McCormack
Replied by Donnacha McCormack on topic Re: New club gear - thoughts so far?
hi john, if you could keep me a medium short sleeved jersey and medium shorts that would be great, if not ill get there early on the night and hopefully pick them up then
Cheers Donnacha

More
12 years 2 months ago #3828 by John Twomey
Replied by John Twomey on topic Re: New club gear - thoughts so far?
Sorry lads but as mentioned above it's first come, first serve on the night. I suspect there'll be a lot of interest in this order so rather than holding half of it back, I want to give everyone a chance to pick up what they want.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3829 by Julian Moore
Replied by Julian Moore on topic Re: New club gear - thoughts so far?
No problem John, I'll get over on the night.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3845 by Diarmuid Collins
Replied by Diarmuid Collins on topic Re: New club gear - thoughts so far?
One comment on the gillet. On most gillets there is a mesh material on the back near the bottom of the gillet. This allows your number on the jersey to be visible. Is it possible to get the gillet with this feature? Without it, you will be fined by the commissaries
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds