Cyclocross kit

• Natalie Grieve
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #2633 by Natalie Grieve
Cyclocross kit was created by Natalie Grieve
Does anyone know if the new cyclocross kit going to be ordered this year, or is it planned for next season?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2634 by John Twomey
Replied by John Twomey on topic Re: Cyclocross kit
Hey Natalie,
I'm hoping to get this order organised in the next week or 2. It looks like it'll take about 60 days once we submit the order but I'm awaiting confirmation on this.

Once I have the relevant details, I'll update this thread.

Thanks
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Natalie Grieve

More
12 years 10 months ago #2672 by John Twomey
Just to update people on this. Here's what I've got back from the supplier :

• What is the expected delivery time once the order is placed?
The order is delivered within 45-60 days after the order approval and the deposit payment

• Is there a minimal order that needs to be placed?
The minimum order is 30 for tops and 30 for bottoms, 10 in each item(ie. 10 ss jersey+ 10 jackets+10 gillets=30 tops)

So, in order for the cyclocross kit to be ordered, we'll need to fullfil the above quota.

Can anyone that's interested let me know via this thread and we'll see if we can get enough for an order?

The variation we are going for is to change the white of the jersey to black for cyclocross only: this kit will not be allowed for any road racing.

• Natalie Grieve
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #2673 by Natalie Grieve
Replied by Natalie Grieve on topic Re: Cyclocross kit
I would like a longsleeve skinsuit and maybe a ss jersey and gilet depending on cost.

Is there much point ordering this now as the season might be over by the time we get the order?

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #2679 by Aidan Collins
Replied by Aidan Collins on topic Re: Cyclocross kit
John, I'd be interested in a gilet if the order is going ahead. Can you confirm prices?

Given the long lead time from spin 11, would it be possible to source from another supplier?

Velotec.ie, for example, have a 4 week lead time which is more reasonable. They also have a smaller minimum order but obviously any initial setup costs etc. would need to be considered as well...

It might be an idea to go back to spin 11 and tell them if they can't do any better you'll have to go elsewhere. Just a suggestion.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Aidan Collins.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2680 by John Twomey
I suspect that by the time we do get the order organised and submittted, it may be too late. When does the cyclocross season finish?

Regarding obtaining the kit from another vendor, it's something that I've thought about but wanted to run it past the committee before we do anything.

• Natalie Grieve
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #2683 by Natalie Grieve
Cross season finishes early December, think nationals might be in January, no set date yet afaik.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2687 by John Twomey
Thanks Natalie. As mentioned, I think by the time we gather and submit the order, it may be too late. However, its something we will address for subsequent orders to make sure it's available in time.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2695 by Sandra Telford
Replied by Sandra Telford on topic Re: Cyclocross kit
Hi John,

Just wondering if the CycloCross order is going in? If so I'd be interested in getting a set of kit.

Thanks,

Sandra

More
12 years 10 months ago #2696 by Dick O'Brien
Replied by Dick O'Brien on topic Re: Cyclocross kit
Actually, so would I.

No forum login? Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Don't want to miss any forum posts? How to set up email notifications
Subscribe to the calendar: Hit "+" button at bottom of widget

• Anne Dalton
12 years 10 months ago #2697 by Anne Dalton
Replied by Anne Dalton on topic Re: Cyclocross kit
John, I would be interested in a kit aswell if there is an order going in?

• Natalie Grieve
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #2700 by Natalie Grieve

Thanks Natalie. As mentioned, I think by the time we gather and submit the order, it may be too late. However, its something we will address for subsequent orders to make sure it's available in time.

Thanks John, I won't be ordering anything until next season. The other clubs have long sleeve roubaix-type material skinsuits for racing. Do Spin 11 sell them? Aero ones will be a bit cold.

• Stephen Surdival
12 years 10 months ago #2701 by Stephen Surdival
Replied by Stephen Surdival on topic Re: Cyclocross kit
I can get fleece lined cx skin suits, 10 is the min order. Late dec or early jan delivery.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2718 by John Twomey
Folks, feel free to go ahead with this order. I'm hoping to take a further order of winter gear over the next few weeks but as mentioned, Spin 11's turnaround is about 2 months and so we probably won't have them in time.

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds