Garmin Edge 800

• Noel Browne
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #2341 by Noel Browne
Garmin Edge 800 was created by Noel Browne
Folks, Does anyone have feedback or views on the Garmin Edge 800? Is it worth the investment? Do you know if you get Irish road map when you buy?
Thanks!,
Noel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2342 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Replied by Fergal O'Sullivan on topic Re: Garmin Edge 800
Noel

I have one of the Garmin 800 and I find it very good - as for the maps there are a number of different options that you get when you buy it. The basic package will come with a very limited road network map on it. You can buy the maps on line from Garmin a lot cheaper than buying them with the Garmin 800.

• Noel Browne
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #2347 by Noel Browne
Replied by Noel Browne on topic Re: Garmin Edge 800
Thanks Fergal. You would think that after 500 snozzers you would get to upload a map of your choice! In anyways, I see the City Navigator for UK and Ire is an additional €40. I presume this is the correct map to get and I presume that despite its name, it has a detailed road network for the entire country? Do you need to buy the map to download routes properly? Cheers. Noel

More
13 years 1 month ago #2349 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Replied by Fergal O'Sullivan on topic Re: Garmin Edge 800
Noel - Not sure where you checked the price but you can get it for 368 on Wiggle - www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-edge-800-gps-cycle-computer/ . I'm not sure if you need to buy the map before you can download a route to it - the basic option will come with a base map for Ireland. If you want to email me directly do on
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds