Get well soon!

More
13 years 3 months ago #2012 by Dave Mc
Get well soon! was created by Dave Mc
Commiserations to Brendan Maloney, who is recovering in hospital at the moment after a spill on the track in Sundrive. No news on what injuries exactly he suffered, but in any case we hope he'll have a speedy recovery and be back in action before too long.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2018 by Eddie Lynch
Replied by Eddie Lynch on topic Re: Get well soon!
Sorry to hear that! Get well soon Brendan.

• Caroline Martinez
13 years 3 months ago #2019 by Caroline Martinez
Replied by Caroline Martinez on topic Re: Get well soon!
A few of us were at the track last night. As far as I know, he fractured his collar bone and banged up his knee quite bad.
The other guy ( Lucan i think) caught in the crash suffered road rash, but wasn't taken in the ambulance.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2023 by Declan Quigley
Replied by Declan Quigley on topic Re: Get well soon!
Ouch! Hard luck Brendan and Get well soon.
Eddie will lend you his turbo trainer to get you back on track.

• Brendan Maloney
13 years 3 months ago #2024 by Brendan Maloney
Replied by Brendan Maloney on topic Re: Get well soon!
Thanks Guys/Girls
Yes, broken clavicle in two places.
Don't remember much about the crash and even after it took quite a while for normal thought process to come back. A bit scary as I didn't even know where I was or day of the week. I obviously knocked my head pretty bad. Thanks to Dave for coming with me in the ambulance and filling in some of the gaps! He also has my bike but I'm down my Oakleys, shoes and helmet. If anyone knows where these just give me a shout.
I have a consultation with one of the top upper limb surgeons next week and initial thoughts are for plate/pins. Hopefully I'll be back on the bike as soon as possible.
B

The Damage...
Attachments:

More
13 years 3 months ago #2025 by Brian Ahern
Replied by Brian Ahern on topic Re: Get well soon!
Aw man that's not good. At least you probably know the best in the business to get looked after well. Wishing you a speedy recovery. After Myles Kirby you're down as #2 on the roster for next years ras.

I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for that helmet to show up! By the sounds of things it's probably smashed!

More
13 years 3 months ago #2026 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic Re: Get well soon!
Sorry Brendan, forgot to say, your helmet, shoes and shades are all tucked away in the clubhouse in Sundrive for you.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2029 by Stephen McNally
Replied by Stephen McNally on topic Re: Get well soon!
Look after yourself Brendan - You took a nasty tumble, but I'm sure you'll be back on the bike before too long. Hey, I'm sure you don't remember half the stuff you were saying while waiting for the ambulance… I'll tell you about it sometime, comical… :-)

Also, best wishes for a speedy recovery to Ian O'Hara from Lucan, who also came down in the same crash...

• Brendan Maloney
13 years 3 months ago #2031 by Brendan Maloney
Replied by Brendan Maloney on topic Re: Get well soon!
Thanks Stephen.
Have no memory at all until being in the ambulance. Very embarrassed now about what I might have been coming out with! Name your price ;)
Any news on the other guy who came down?
I still dont know what happened. There was someone videoing...maybe they got the crash?
I was actually selling my track bike before this race... still available at a rock bottom price!!

• Caroline Martinez
13 years 3 months ago #2036 by Caroline Martinez
Replied by Caroline Martinez on topic Re: Get well soon!
Hi Brendan,
Swap your track bike for a good turbo and some good DVDs.
Ian from Lucan suffered broken ribs. He continued racing after the ambulance had left but realized he was way too sore and checked himself into hospital the next morning, from what I heard yesterday.
Get well well soon!

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds