Christmas Party!!!

More
13 years 10 months ago #1221 by Dave Mc
Christmas Party!!! was created by Dave Mc
We now have confirmation on times and venues for this. It's to be held on Saturday the 4th of December, with both day and night stages.

In the morning there will be an open day on the track in Sundrive from 10:30 until 13:00, all welcome, regardless of experience or lack of it. The rental bikes will be available, and apart from being a bit of fun this will be a great chance for anyone who is interested in trying out the track to come along and give it a go.

In the evening (probably from 19:00?) the Christmas party will be happening downstairs in Larry Murphy's (corner of Baggot St. and Fitzwilliam), including the annual prizegiving, fingerfood, tall tales about the year gone by and much, much more.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Caroline Martinez
13 years 10 months ago #1224 by Caroline Martinez
Replied by Caroline Martinez on topic Re: Christmas Party!!!
Dave, if we can't make it to the party, will we get our medals during the track day? ( i am planing on winning that btw )

More
13 years 10 months ago #1225 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic Re: Christmas Party!!!
Caroline Martinez wrote:

Dave, if we can't make it to the party, will we get our medals during the track day? ( i am planing on winning that btw )

No, sorry, but you have to go to the party.

If you're not there to collect the medals they get handed on to the next most deserving individual (that's how I picked up most of my medal collection:-)

More
13 years 10 months ago #1226 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic Re: Christmas Party!!!
On a more serious note though, any medals or trophies which can't be collected at the Christmas party (like all of the kids prizes for starters) will be given out at the Christmas race the following week- December the 12th in Kavanaghs in Roundwood.

More
13 years 10 months ago #1227 by Dick O'Brien
Replied by Dick O'Brien on topic Re:Christmas Party!!!
Does Cowboy/Cowgirl of the Year get a medal?

No forum login? Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Don't want to miss any forum posts? How to set up email notifications
Subscribe to the calendar: Hit "+" button at bottom of widget

More
13 years 10 months ago #1228 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic Re:Christmas Party!!!
Dick O Brien wrote:

Does Cowboy/Cowgirl of the Year get a medal?

Do you think you're in with a shout?

The lucky lady individual will get a hat and a pair of six shooters, both of which are traditionally worn to Copperface Jacks or similar afterwards, as well as a totally prestigious trophy.

The trophy is new as well by the way, since the wife of a three time winner threw the old trophy out a couple of years ago.

• Margaret Donnelly
13 years 9 months ago #1237 by Margaret Donnelly
Replied by Margaret Donnelly on topic Re:Christmas Party!!!
Does canvassing lead to disqualification or is it actively encouraged???

• Declan Byrne
13 years 9 months ago #1245 by Declan Byrne
Replied by Declan Byrne on topic Re: Christmas Party!!!
Christmas Race 2010

Dave was I reading correctly this years Christmas Race is being held in Roundwood the highest Village in Ireland. Is that a good idea being that the race has been cancelled in the last 2 years due to bad weather. I was going to suggest running the race this year in Clonee and maybe a bit later in the moring to avoid early moring frost etc.

Dec

More
13 years 9 months ago #1251 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic Re:Christmas Party!!!
Margaret Donnelly wrote:

Does canvassing lead to disqualification or is it actively encouraged???

Are you asking on your own behalf or for a friend?

We depend on people ratting on their mates for the Cowboy award. Stories should be sufficiently embarrasing to make the candidates ears burn but not so shameful as to get us sued. My lawyer vets all of the stories before I'm allowed to read them out.

There should be at least a grain of truth in any story we're given, although all stories will be suitably embellished after I get them anyway, and the more ammunition we have the better.

Stories that have made the cut lately include the case of the woman who cycled half the length of the M50 and couldn't understand why the motorists kept beeping at her until the cops dragged her off the bike at the Red Cow, the guy who crashed on the Luas tracks after trying to race a tram, or even the guy who set out to cycle from Carlow to Dublin and didn't check the road signs until he hit the coast in Wexford.

Stories about crashing, drunken misbehaviour, or giving out to the rider in front of you for not calling the holes in a TT are all staples, send us all the dirt you've got.

Thanking you in advance :-)

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds