Facebook page up!

• Caroline Martinez
  • Topic Author
13 years 11 months ago #1113 by Caroline Martinez
Facebook page up! was created by Caroline Martinez
Like us!

The Orwell Wheelers Facebook page is up!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #1114 by BarryR
Replied by BarryR on topic Re:Facebook page up!
Can I make a request here? Can we make sure that all club communications continue to be accessible directly here on the club website, and not fragmented across social networking sites?

If the Facebook page starts to be used as a means of communication between some club members then there will be a communication split between those who read this website and those who go to the Facebook page. I think we need to be careful how it's used.

Besides, my children have banned me from Facebook.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

• Caroline Martinez
  • Topic Author
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1115 by Caroline Martinez
Replied by Caroline Martinez on topic Re:Facebook page up!
The idea of the facebook is mainly to reach out to new potential members and to promote the club and its initiatives to a wider audience. It will be used to promote our open races and ladies races for example.

I will only update the FB page with the same communication delivered on the website. The FB is very handy for people using the internet on mobile devices etc to collect results of races on the go. As for the forum, it will still remain the best way to communicate between members, that will never change.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Caroline Martinez.

More
13 years 11 months ago #1117 by Declan Quigley
Replied by Declan Quigley on topic Re:Facebook page up!
Fair play to Caroline. The Facebook page looks great and, as she says, is a great resource for prospective new members and for info on the go. But to reassure Barry the website is still very much the primary source for information about club activities.
By the way, while I think of it, we're looking forward to reading a full feature length report of your ride on the Etape this year. It would be great to get a few diaries from riders who have engaged in interesting cycling challenges. Something to keep us motivated during the long winter months. Send them to me with any snaps you may have to support them and we'll get it up on the site.
That's 2000 words by Sunday evening to kick things off, Barry. Cheers!

More
13 years 11 months ago #1119 by BarryR
Replied by BarryR on topic Re:Facebook page up!
Declan, I'm not sure that I'm ready yet to face up to how slowly I climbed the Tourmalet, (passing walking cyclists so slowly that I could have full length conversations with them), or how close I came to being "hors délai". My therapist says that in another couple of months I might be ready to talk about it in small groups of sympathetic friends.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

More
13 years 11 months ago #1122 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Replied by Fergal O'Sullivan on topic Re:Facebook page up!
Is there going to be a link on the home page of website to the Facebook page

More
13 years 11 months ago #1128 by Administrator
Replied by Administrator on topic Re:Facebook page up!
I've added both Facebook and Twitter links on the homepage.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds