Recommendations Please: Looking for a new (ladies) Road Bike

More
5 years 5 months ago #29216 by Aoife Ross
Hi there

I'm currently (infrequently) cycling a Giant Avail that I bought six years ago and it's just not cutting the mustard any longer. My non-eventful return to cycling has been peppered with a broken chain, a banjaxed chain, mysterious clicking and gears that just don't want to work when I need them most....I think my bike needs an upgrade.

So - my budget is about €1,200 (via bike to work). In terms of my style of cycling, it's slow but I'd like to build up to a Wicklow 200 next year. I'll never race and definitely looking to avoid the disc brakes as they look too complicated to fix. Not really interested in the whole carbon frame as it would be lost on a White cyclist like myself.

Does anyone have any recommendations please? I'm not really in love with the current offering from the Giant range.

Thanks in advance
Aoife

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #29217 by Nick Appleby
Aoife,

Pop in to Joe Daly's and have a look at the Scott Contessa range, they have some lovely models with aluminium frames and carbon forks, you should be able to get the model with Shimano 105 components at your budget which is ideal. It has a compact crankset and a big rear cassette which should give you enough gears to get over any of those Wicklow 200 climbs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds