Winter Weekend Away

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #19234 by Ann Horan
Winter Weekend Away was created by Ann Horan
Now that the cycling season is drawing to a close it's time to start thinking of winter training/drinking plans. I can now reveal the destination of the much anticipated Orwell winter weekend away. This year we are all heading to the Ashdown park Hotel in Gorey on Sat the 19th of November. The hotel have a really nice leisure centre and rumour has it that last year's winner of best jacuzzi body has already started working on reclaiming his title.

If you are new to the club and would like to make some new friends or get to know your fellow club members a little better this weekend is a must! So this year we will all meet up at Joe Daly's on the morning of 19th November and cycle down to Gorey. Groups will be split according to ability, the usual white, yellow, orange and red. Please make sure you are comfortably capable of cycling 100k two days in a row before signing up for this. Route maps will be circulated closer to the time and everyone is responsible for familiarising themselves with the route and having a bike in good working order. Fergal O' Sullivan has already kindly offered to drive the club van in order to transport all of our bags. We will all cycle back to Dublin on Sunday morning where bags can be collected at Joe Daly's.

There are 60 rooms reserved for Orwell in the Ashdown park Hotel and rooms will need to be booked by early October (6 weeks before our arrival date). At that stage if there are any left over rooms they will be released to the general public. This is a really popular social event so get booking now or you might just end up all on your toblerone in a B & B down the road.

The rate is €55.50 per person for Dinner, Bed & Breakfast, and there will be a €20.00 single supplement for a single room. There are also triple rooms available should you need 3 adults sharing. ( same price as a twin though)

N.B. If you are sharing a room only one person rings and books the room on behalf of the pairing/threesome.

The hotel have given us these excellent rates on the basis that they have a minimum of hassle. Please only book a room when you have a room-mate (or are taking a single), and all occupants are confirmed to be going away.

The hotel will take a 10% deposit to secure the booking.

There will be a three course meal with tea or coffee in our own private dining room on Saturday evening. Seating for dinner will be assigned in the usual way. You pick a number out of a hat. This encourages mixing and mingling and splits up the cliques! If all the single people end up at the same table with all the extra bottles of wine I can assure everyone it will be purely a coincidence and not a fix.

So what are you waiting for?......Ring (053) 9480500 and secure your place before it's too late! Please state that you are part of the Orwell Wheelers group when booking.

Really looking forward to this.
Ann Horan
(Social Rep)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fergal O'Sullivan, Diarmuid Donnelly, Alan Casey, Darragh Connolly, Aoife Ross, Monica Coll

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #19296 by Ann Horan
Replied by Ann Horan on topic Winter Weekend Away
I was just speaking to the receptionist in the Ashdown Park Hotel.
There are currently 23 people booked in for the weekend away. Remember all bookings must be made by early October.
Don't delay or you could end up missing out on a place in the hotel.

More
8 years 10 hours ago - 7 years 11 months ago #19746 by Ann Horan
Only two weeks to book your place on the weekend away to Gorey. Have a read above about the arrangements for the trip and get booking.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Ann Horan.

More
7 years 11 months ago #19836 by Ann Horan
Hi all,

The 3rd of October is the deadline to book your place on the club weekend away.

We have 46 booked in so far. Please ring up the Ashdown Park Hotel and secure your room ASAP!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Casey

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #19955 by Ann Horan
72 people booked in for what promises to be a brilliant trip to Gorey!

]If you missed the deadline the good news is that there are still a limited number of rooms available at the discounted price but as they have been released back into the public booking system I cannot guarantee they will be available when you go to book them

All the rooms are gone now but feel free to pester anyone in a single or a twin to change their booking to a twin or triple to fit you in!!

N.B
if you need to cancel your room, please post here on this thread and hopefully someone who has decided to come along at the last minute will take your place. This will mean you will not lose your 10% deposit.

More details to follow closer to the time.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Ann Horan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fergal O'Sullivan

More
7 years 11 months ago #19957 by Mervyn Bent
Replied by Mervyn Bent on topic Winter Weekend Away
Tried booking today unfortunate;y I was to late, if anyone is cancelleing a single I would love to take it thanks

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #20038 by Ann Horan
Anyone who missed the booking deadline in the Ashdown is welcome to book alternative accommodation in Gorey and join us for the cycle, drinks and dinner. It will be €30 for the 3 course dinner to be paid on the night.

Please post on this thread if you are not staying in the Ashdown but wish to be included in the dinner.

List of people for dinner only
Charlotte McDonald
Peter Gerrard
Val Smith
John Collins
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Ann Horan.

More
7 years 10 months ago #20127 by Darragh Connolly
Replied by Darragh Connolly on topic Winter Weekend Away
Hi Mervyn,

I have a single room but can't make it now, are you still looking for one?

Darragh
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ann Horan

More
7 years 10 months ago #20128 by Ann Horan

Hi Mervyn,

I have a single room but can't make it now, are you still looking for one?

Darragh

Ah that's a pity Darragh.

So best thing to do if Mervyn wants the room is for you to ring the hotel first explaining that you are transferring your room over to Mervyn. Then after that Mervyn can ring the hotel and swap his credit card details in for yours.

More
7 years 10 months ago #20129 by Mervyn Bent
Replied by Mervyn Bent on topic Winter Weekend Away
Thanks Darragh am interested my number is
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Thanks Ann for the advice

• Christine King
7 years 10 months ago #20136 by Christine King
Replied by Christine King on topic Winter Weekend Away
Hi Darragh
Do u still have the room?
If u could let me know call or text
Thanks Darragh
Christine
I

More
7 years 10 months ago #20137 by Darragh Connolly
Replied by Darragh Connolly on topic Winter Weekend Away
Hi Christine!

Sorry, but Mervyn had first dibs on the room.

Kind regards,
Darragh
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mervyn Bent

More
7 years 10 months ago #20175 by Ann Horan
I just got the rooming list from the Ashdown park hotel. It appears Christine King has a room sorted.

Manuel Fontan contacted me today saying he wants to come along. If anyone is cancelling their room can they let me know so that it can be transferred directly to Manuel.
(Manuel has first dibs on the next available room)

More
7 years 10 months ago #20182 by Val Smith
Replied by Val Smith on topic Winter Weekend Away
Hi Ann,
I've just booked a B&B so I'll be Dinner Only.

Thanks
Val.

More
7 years 10 months ago #20183 by Val Smith
Replied by Val Smith on topic Winter Weekend Away

Anyone who missed the booking deadline in the Ashdown is welcome to book alternative accommodation in Gorey and join us for the cycle, drinks and dinner. It will be €30 for the 3 course dinner to be paid on the night.

Please post on this thread if you are not staying in the Ashdown but wish to be included in the dinner.

List of people for dinner only
Charlotte McDonald
Peter Gerrard

Val Smith

More
7 years 10 months ago #20184 by John Collins
Replied by John Collins on topic Winter Weekend Away
John Collins Dinner only

More
7 years 10 months ago #20285 by Chris Connaughton
Replied by Chris Connaughton on topic Winter Weekend Away
Hi Ann
I would also like to go to the hotel and I have put myself on a cancellation list , however if someone in the meantime wants to cancel I will take their room

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #20286 by Ann Horan

Hi Ann
I would also like to go to the hotel and I have put myself on a cancellation list , however if someone in the meantime wants to cancel I will take their room

Hi Chris
Manuel got sorted in a triple room.
I have two options available to you
-Simon Sheridan can't go now so he has a single room (75.50) ...would have to double check this is still available
-Sharing a twin with Noel Finnegan (55.50)

Let me know what you want to do. Send me a text
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Regards
Ann
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Ann Horan.

More
7 years 10 months ago #20287 by Ann Horan
Fergal's House (location for bag drop off)
Friday 18th Nov between 7pm and 9pm

More details on routes etc. available on the club website shortly.

More
7 years 10 months ago #20289 by Ann Horan

Hi Ann

Hi Chris
The single room is gone now I'm afraid.
I can offer you a bed in a twin room sharing with Noel Finnegan.
If you are happy with that get in touch.
Cheers
Ann

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds